I'll Be Here // Niam {Narry}

I'M SO SORRY I'VE NOT POSTED A ONESHOT IN SO LONG!!! I don't have an excuse other than I'm lazy and have just been working a lot hahaha.
ANYWAYS, this is one I came up with myself after hearing the song at a show and I balled my eyes out.... Uh yeah so enjoy😅

P.s. The song is in the media - LISTEN TO IT DURING/BEFORE READING BC IT HELPS TELL THE STORY TY XO
_____________________________

Niall and Liam met during a particularly cold winter's day. The snow was falling softly from the sky and the ground was covered in a shiny cover of ice.

Niall was on his way home from doing his food shopping, bundled up in a t-shirt, jumper, thick wooly coat, jeans, thermal socks, boots and complete with wooly hat, scarf and gloves, when he spotted him - it was hard not to really. A tall, brown haired male who was wearing a thick brown coat and chunky boots, went flying through the air and landed with a thump on the cold unforgiving slippery ground in front of Niall, the bags of food in his arms also flying and spilling out everywhere.

He lay there for a second not moving and Niall thought he was unconscious but then he groaned and rubbed his head with his hand so Niall took this as an incentive to move towards him,

"Um, are you- are you ok?" He got out, his voice shaky from the freezing weather.

The man looked up to see who was talking to him and swore he was dead - that was the only way you saw angels right?

"Uh, y-yeah, sorry, yeah I'm fine. Just a bruised ego more than anything" he laughed, slowly standing up and brushing himself off, wincing as he brushed over the back of the tops of his legs, "ok, maybe a bruised bottom as well"

Niall let out a little chuckle, bending down to help this mysterious man collect his groceries, "here you are" he said, offering the man a friendly smile as he passed the box of Fruit Loops that had landed three feet to the left of him as he fell.

The man took them but continued to stare at Niall as he did so, "you have a beautiful smile" he complimented.

Not expecting a comment like that, Niall spluttered as his cheeks blushed red (he was glad it was cold and his face was already flushed from the chill), "um thank you" he mumbled, shoving his glove covered hands into his pockets. He started to back away once the man had all his groceries in the bags once again (apart from the eggs; they were now in eggy heaven), but he only just turned around when the man called out to him,

"Hey!" Niall turned around to face him once again, eyebrows raised in question, "whatcha doing tomorrow?"

Needless to say, Niall didn't expect that even more than the compliment, so didn't have an answer before the stranger carried on,

"Because I'll be here, at the corner of Bleaker and Mercer tomorrow at 7. If you want to meet up, I'll be waiting right here, and in case there are two fellas waiting for you, my name's Liam."

And then he left.

Niall was bewildered. Never had anything like that happened to him before. He debated with himself - should he go? Should he not?

He decided yes. Really just to see if this man would show up.

And he did. There he was, waiting right where he said he would be, hands stuffed into his coat and Niall could see the cold air leaving his lips as he breathed in and out.

Niall walked over to him and made his presence known to this ma- Liam. He held out his hand wordlessly, as the blonde just stared at it and back at Liam's face several times, "I'm taking you to dinner, silly." He told him, like it was obvious, "come on." And with that Niall placed his gloved hand into the larger one and they made their way down the street towards the warm, cosy feeling restaurant, and Niall would be lying if he said he didn't have a wonderful time. Liam was so lovely and funny and he wasn't shy on the compliments - Niall was pretty sure his face was permanently red the entire time.