Maybe You Were Needed Up There // Nouis

WARNING: if you know the song, then I'm sure you know the warnings.. however if you don't: there are mentions of miscarriage in this, please please do not read if you this will affect/upset you.

---------------------------

Niall and Louis had been a couple for 3 years. They were so in love, so happy, so content. As much as their friends joked and complained when their public displays of affection got a little out of hand, they were happy for the two - they were perfect for each other; two puzzle pieces fitting together as one.

On the 18th of November 2015, after they'd had dinner one night, Niall explained to Louis that he had to speak to him about something important. Hearing that, Louis immediately began to panic and run through all the things that Niall could possibly be about to tell him. Was he going to break up with him? Oh god, Louis really hoped not, he loved Niall so much, he wouldn't know what to do without the blonde. As Niall walked into the living room, he laughed to himself seeing the look of fear on Louis' face, knowing exactly what he was thinking and knowing (or rather hoping,) that Louis would like the news.

"Louis, we need to talk.."

"Niall! Baby, I love you so much! Please don't-"

"Louis, shut up. I'm not breaking up with you. Chill." Niall chuckled, as Louis breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What is it then?"

"Well, if you'd let me talk.." Niall rolled his eyes fondly, "I just um, I wanted to know your thoughts on babies."

"Babies? I love babies! They're so cute and squishy."

"So you'd like to be a daddy one day?"

"Of course I would. I think, apart from spending the rest of my life with you, being a daddy would be the best thing in the world." Louis gushed.

Niall felt all the anxiety leave his body, "well, what if I were to tell you that you could be a daddy?"

"What?"

Niall didn't say anything, but instead placed his hands on to his stomach, eyes flitting down for a second to try and gain Louis' attention. He watched as Louis' eyes followed down to Niall's stomach before coming back up to look at Niall, his face suddenly screwing up in thought before widening and shooting his gaze down to Niall's tummy once again.

"Are-are you? Are y-you pregnant?"

Niall smiled, nodding his head.

Louis, grinned, "how many weeks?"

"Four."

Louis jumped up and hugged Niall for all he was worth, spluttering over and over again that he loved Niall and he loved the little bean inside Niall's tummy already and that he was so excited for them to become a family, hands resting on top of Niall's and softy rubbing the smooth skin protecting their child.

They broke the news to everyone else, two weeks later. Their friends and family all having pretty much the same reaction as Louis - complete and utter joy.

Over the next few weeks, Louis became incredibly protective of Niall and the little human inside his belly, always making sure absolutely no one touched Niall unless completely necessary and fans were kept a distance of at least 3 metres away. Call him crazy, but he just wanted to make sure everything was okay.