Stubborn little bugger

This is a prompt from @claricepayne -
"Hi can u do one where Niall get hurt and the boys don't know until some fan try's to get a photo and says something that reminds him off that day and he brakes down crying Plz"

Thank you for the prompt lovely! x
_____________________________

Niall was never one for people fussing over him. He knew since One Direction was formed that he was known as the cute, innocent, sensitive one that needed to be protected from everything, that everyone thought of as the youngest even though Harry was. And at first, it was ok - nice, even - having people constantly make sure that he was ok and happy, but after a while he began to grow tired of it. He was 21 now, he wasn't a baby so he didn't want to be treated like one.

That's why Niall never told the other boys about his injury.

It happened while he was at the recording studio one day with Julian, going over some lyrics for their new album. Once he was done, he made his way out of the building where inevitably a few fans were waiting, he had decided that as there were only a few that he'd stop and take some pictures with them. As he made his way outside, he tripped over his own feet sending him down the 3 steep concrete steps that were on the outside of the door. The group of fans gasped as he fell down, Niall squeaking out in shock and pain. Luckily Cal, caught the blonde before he hit the ground completely but not before Niall's left ankle twisted painfully underneath him.

Thanking Cal, Niall brushed himself off and recovered himself as fans shouted concerns at him.
"Are you ok Niall?"

"Oh my god Niall fell!"

"Niall! Are you hurt!?"

"I'm fine girls, thanks. Just a shock haha!" He replied, forcing a smile onto his face, grinning through the searing pain in his ankle.

He signed some autographs and took some selfies with the fans before he said goodbye and made his way towards his car, careful not to limp too much. He knew there would be word about him falling on Twitter soon enough, probably even a few action shots of him falling, and he also knew that the boys would see it, but Niall was determined not to have them fuss. He was an adult, he could take care of his injury himself.

When Niall arrived home, he checked his Twitter and sure enough his mentions and timeline were full of worried fans. Deciding to put their minds at ease, he tweeted,
Hey everyone ! If you've seen that I fell , don't worry ! I'm perfectly fine , was just a lil shock haha !

After Favouriting a few unsuspecting fans' tweets, he closed the app and decided to inspect the damage that he'd done to his ankle.

Slowly sliding his trainer off, which made Niall whimper a little bit, he rolled down the top of his sock seeing the beginning of a bruise forming. Taking his sock all the way off, he gasped as he saw that his ankle was swollen and also a lovely mix of blue, green and purple. Niall touched it slightly, instantly regretting it as pain shot up his leg, a few tears leaking out of Niall's eyes. He sucked up a breath, and limped slash hopped to the kitchen, getting an icepack as well as grabbing some paracetamol and a glass of water and settling back down on the sofa, deciding that he'd only get up when he really had to.

That was 2 days ago.

Niall had spent the past few days lounging around, not even bothering to attempt his stairs and instead sleeping on the sofa and thanking God that he had a downstairs bathroom as well as his en-suite. Although, today all the boys were due to go to the recording studio so they could practice and record some harmonies for their songs. Niall knew Paul would be picking him up at 9am so seeing that it was already 7:30am, Niall reluctantly pulled himself up from the sofa and began to stand up, wincing in pain as the blood rushed to his swollen ankle. Taking baby steps towards the stairs, Niall decided sitting on his bum and pushing himself up that way on each stair would be the best option.