Chapter 18: Long Rode Ahead

Start from the beginning

"No" Penelope said. "She didn't want to eat here and then we took her to the hotel and fell asleep. We didn't even think about that"

"Well she needs to keep a good died in order to heal quicker so... You have to eat a little, young lady" the woman said with a warm smile.

Derek let go of Bella as the doctor approached to exam her. The girl immediately tensed up.

"Well, let's take this coat off so I can take a look at you sweetheart?" The woman said.
Bella didn't do anything, she didn't even look at the woman, so Derek went and took her coat off and then the cardigan.

"Now can you lay down for me?" The woman asked and Bella laid down. Not letting go of Derek's hand.
Bella let the doctor check her vitals, her stomach, everything. She just laid there and didn't say a word.

"Everything looks fine with her. She has a few bruises that will heal just fine with time." Clark said.

"What about her back?" Penelope asked.

"We'll need to do a bandage change and she can keep it for two days and then at your local hospital they'll have to do it again or you can just do it at home" Clark said.

"Okay" Garcia said.

Bella squeezed Derek's hand and when he looked at her he saw she was about to cry.
"Come here" he said and picked her up as she cried in his arms. "We're gonna be right here with you. It's going to fine" he told her.

"It's gonna hurt, isn't it?" Bella said.

"A little bit" Derek said. He didn't want to lie and say it wouldn't hurt at all.

"Just a little bit?" Bella whispered as tears kept rolling.

"Yeah. Just a little. You can do it, pumpkin. And we'll be right here. Okay?" Penelope said and the girl nodded crying.

"I'm scared" Isabella cried.

"I know you are but we promise it's going to be okay" Penelope said as she grabbed the girl's hand.

"We'll be right here" Derek said.

"Okay" Bella said and went to wipe her face, Garcia helped.

"Alright. So let's do it really fast?" Clark said as two nurses walked in and Bella just hugged Derek.

"Come on. We'll be right beside you" Derek said walking and placing her on the exam table.

"Look. Nurse Cadee will give you a medicine before, alright? And it will make you feel a little better, okay?" The doctor said and the girl just kept quiet.
The nurse walked close with an injection and Bella moved away.

"It's okay this won't hurt" the doctor said.

"No. No shot! No" Bella said trying to get away but the other nurse and the doctor held her down. The woman pulled her pants down and injected the medicine on her leg. Bella's eyes filled with tears as she felt it burning.

"Au" she whispered.

"All done" the nurse said.

"Can you still feel that?" Doctor Clark asked and Bella shook her head no and wiped her face a little.

"Good job" Derek told her with a little smile.

"Has anyone ever told you how tough you are?" The doctor said and Bella looked at Derek.

"Oh yeah. They have" Clark smiled.

"She's a tough cookie" Penelope said smiling at Bella.

"She is" Clark said pulling the girl's pants up. "Alright so now let's see your back" she said and everyone noticed how Isabella tensed again.