Thomas!Nerd

The bell rang for the end of Science and you hurried to shove your books into your bag. You hated science, it was your worst subject, socially and academically. You knew you weren’t anything special, but you weren’t exactly a nobody - You had friends around you in every class except this one, where you sat by yourself due to past disruptions you had caused.

You zipped up your bag and slung it over your shoulder, about to exit the room when you were called back by your teacher. You made a frustrated noise, loudly showing your annoyance, and turned back into the classroom.

You dropped your bag and sat at the desk in front of your teacher, who waited for everyone else to leave the room before taking the seat next to you. “Y/N, let’s not waste time, you know exactly why you’re here”

You sighed in exasperation, “Yep, I’m failing”

“At least you know it I guess. There’s only so much help I can give you Y/N, I only see you for four hours a week in school and, as much as I’d love to, I can’t give all of my free hours tutoring one student” She smiled apologetically, and you returned it. You wouldn’t lie, as much as you hated the class, your teacher was the sweetest and was always trying to help you out.

“I know Miss, it’s just really hard for me to grasp” You tried to explain, and she nodded

“I know it is Y/N, that’s why I’m suggesting a tutor”

“We tried that though, he didn’t help at all” You reminded her and she shook her head, “No Y/N, I mean a tutor from your class, someone your age so you can see eachother outside of school”

“Oh” You stopped for a second, thinking over who was in your class, “Who did you have in mind?”

“Well I know Thomas is top of the class right now, so he would be my reccomendation” She began packing up her things, “I’m not saying this is necessary Y/N, but I would give it a try, even if it’s only for an hour or two, it might work itself out”

You thanked her, picked up your bag and left, going over the pros and cons of the situation in your head. You’ve never really spoken to Thomas before, but you knew who he was. He sat quietly at the back of the room every lesson with his slicked-back hair and thick-rimmed glasses, the general definition of ‘Nerd’.

On one hand this could definitely boost your grade, but you didn’t know if you wanted to sacrifice four hours of time that could be spent with your friends. You entered to the cafeteria, and decided to wait until tomorrow to decide, after talking to the boy himself.

~The next day~

You walked into Science and wasted no time in making your way to Thomas's desk. He noticed you before you had even made it, looking at you in surprise.

“Thomas can I speak to you quickly?”

“Yeah sure” He smiled, looking a bit confused, and you took a deep breath in before continuing

“Miss has asked me to ask you if you would consider tutoring me because, well, I’m failing” You said, straight to the point. His confused smile vanished and was replaced with a genuine one.

“Yeah sure, I don’t mind. How’s tonight?” You were admittedly taken aback by how forward he was being, as you had expected him to find an excuse and say no.

“Ermm… Yeah, yeah that’s fine, I’ll meet you by the front gate after school?”

“Sure.” He smiled again, and you returned it before turning around, still confused as to how you had so quickly arranged plans for tonight. You sent your mum a quick text asking her to drop some clothes down, and returned to your seat.