Epilogue - A Magical World

Twenty Years Later

"Tell me what happened, Mommy. I need to know." I laugh at the beautiful little girl that is cuddled into my side as my fingers stroke through her light brown hair.

"You know what happened, Pattie," I tell her softly, gazing into her grass green eyes.

She sighs, her lips forming a pout. "Mommy saves the world, and she lives happily ever after with my nine daddies."

I smile. "You're absolutely right," I tell her. I pick her up and set her onto the floor. "Why don't you go and find your sisters, tell them to get ready so we can head to Magic School?"

Her eyes light up, and she pushes her glasses up her nose before turning on the heel of her sparkly, red shoes, and running of to find her sisters. No doubt they're almost ready to go anyway. They never miss a day when it comes to Magic School. However, I always find it difficult to get them out of bed on the days they go to public school.

I push myself to my own feet, my hand coming to rest on my growing belly. Twin girls, Piper and Pipa, are swimming around inside, their due date still three months away. It is also the last pregnancy I will experience—with this being my ninth.

Unfortunately, there are no boys. My husbands were warned, but never did believe it. Now they know for sure—twelve girls later with two more on the way, and no chance of me ever experiencing another god awful pregnancy, that boys in this family just won't ever happen.

From upstairs, I hear the squealing and shouting from Pattie, telling her oldest sisters—twelve year old triplet girls—to get ready because we're leaving soon. Pearl, Paige, and Paloma we're the first to join our family of ten, making it thirteen within minutes of the first being born on a warm July day.

I wish I could say it was challenging, but it wasn't. With there being ten of us, we quickly found a routine. The only time we struggled was when it came to feeding time as I insisted I breast feed. I gave that up within two months as my boobs were sore and my nipples were nearly at the point of falling off, but at least I tried.

Making my way into the kitchen, I grab a bottle of water from the fridge only for my eyes to land on a snake that's curled in the corner. I scream, slamming the door to the fridge closed before the name of the culprit leaves my mouth with a yell. "Prudence!"

"What did you do this time, Prue?" I hear North shout from somewhere else in the huge house that was built especially for us.

"I put a snake in the fridge." Was her soft reply. Even after all these years my hearing is fantastic. "I'm sorry, Daddy."

"Just like Luke." I hear North mutter. He's right there. For an eight year old, Prudence sure knows how to play a prank. I just hate it when the little devil brings magic into it, making snakes lurk in my fridge. But then she was taught by the best, one who taps into my power well, and teaches her everything she needs to know when it comes to the simple spells the boys can say.

I take a breath, open the fridge door, and immediately wave my hand in front of the snake, freezing it from moving its little head to look up at who is disturbing it. I reach for a water bottle and close the fridge door before playing knock knock on my husband's mind.

"Yes, Sweetcheeks?" I can hear the laughter in his voice, in his mind. He finds this funny.

"Get rid of the snake, Luke Taylor. And do it now," I tell him, my voice in that stern tone that says don't mess with me.

"Yes, Ma'am." Is his cheeky reply. I shake my head, get myself out of his head, and walk towards the front door, knowing that they'll be here any second.