Chapter TwentyEight - Dagger To The Heart

Chapter Twenty Eight – Dagger To The Heart
Sang

"How many?" Safire asks Sofia. "And who?"

"Half a dozen vampires," Sofia answers running her fingers through her hair. She moves her eyes to Mr Hendricks. "You need to get everyone out of this school. It's about to get ugly."

"Of course." I notice Mr Hendricks' hands shaking as he reaches for a microphone at his desk. "What do I need to say?"

"Just tell everyone to evacuate the building," Ella tells him. "Tyler, send us to the exits of the school. We'll get the students out while you and the girls deal with the Vampires."

He looks to me and I nod my head. "Got no choice. I won't let any innocent people get harmed."

Tyler nods his head and then takes a hold of Ella's hand who reaches for her sisters. Just before they leave, Ember looks to me. "Be careful, Sang."

I nod my head and look to my cousins. "What about the guys? They can't defend themselves."

More screams come from outside the door and I flinch, my heart racing in panic and fear for those outside. I don't want to leave the boys unprotected. "Who have you connected with?"

North, Luke, Sean, Nathan and Gabriel raise their hands. "They can tap into your power if you let them," Saskia says. My eyes widen and my head swings towards the guys. I find their shock mirrors my own. "Just close your eyes, focus on Sang. Your soul is bound with hers, you'll know the moment your soul reaches deep enough inside her for the power source. I just want you to do it now so you have some kind of magical protection."

"And we can do this whenever?" Sean asks. They all close their eyes and I watch as their brows furrow in concentration. Kota, Silas, Victor and Mr Blackbourne watch on in wonder.

"Over time you'll do it without even realising, but right now we need you to focus," Skyler mutters. I watch as she opens the palm of her hands and a beat later two daggers appear out of nowhere. Seeing me watch her, she sends me a sly grin. "A dagger to the heart – instant death for a vampire."

My whole body starts tingling and a burning sensation starts below the surface of my skin over where my marks are. I grunt. "What's that?"

Saskia grins. "They've got it. Naturals already." She looks to me. "The burning sensation will ease. It shouldn't be painful, just uncomfortable." She does a similar move to what Skyler did, daggers appearing in her hand. She throws one to me and I catch it. "You'll need that."

Sofia is back at the door, stepping further out this time. "What's the plan?"

"Make that announcement," Safire says to Mr Hendricks. She looks to the guys, the ones who has their souls connected with mine. "Stay here." She waves her hand and daggers land on the floor at their feet. "Straight to the heart, don't let them bite you. We'll have a huge problem on our hands if you do."

Mr Hendricks presses a button on the microphone. "Members of staff and students of Ashley Waters, please exit the premises immediately and with caution. Everyone is welcome to go home until further notice."

Sofia reaches over and pulls the fire alarm. The blaring hurts my ears. Sofia, Skyler and Safire fly out the room, just as Tyler comes back.

"Stay here," I tell him. "Don't let anything happen to them." I go to the door. "I will hurt you if you do."

"No you won't." Saskia says, glaring at me. "We'll have a huge problem if you lay a finger on him ever again." She looks to Tyler. "Be safe."

I glare at Tyler as Saskia leaves the room, running right into a tall man who is ghostly pale with blood red eyes. She shoves the dagger straight into his chest. He screams, drops to his knees and then disappears into nothing. Then Saskia is gone. Tyler didn't waver his eyes from me the whole time. "I'll protect them, Sang. Trust me."