Chapter TwentyNine - Its Started

Chapter Twenty Nine – It's Started
Safire

I'm hoping that telling Sang more about ourselves would start bringing her out of the shell she seems to have herself tucked away in. It wasn't until she was asking questions that I realised we hadn't shared anything personal about us. I was all to happy to tell her. I've loved that girl since the moment she came into this world. Over the years, my love for her has never died and has only ever grown, the need to bring her home to us got stronger as the days passed.

Sure she's here, but she's not home. I can't even imagine what she's feeling. She was a girl locked away in her room up until a couple of weeks ago and all at once she had people diving into her life; her guys, Tyler, us. It's another reason we've kept our One's away. We don't want to overwhelm her with everything but maybe bringing them in won't be so bad. She could defiantly learn some incredible things from Uncle Liam, Saskia's dad, and my dad. Well, he could tell her all she needs to know.

Devon could help her with understand the soul binding. He's a Cupid and has watched and helped many people – humans – fall in love but watching a soul binding is his favourite kind of love. When I met him at seventeen, him twenty, I didn't believe him when he told me that I was his One. More because I can be pretty badass and bitchy and he was a damn Cupid, always so happy and smiley. But then I felt it, my body coming alive every time he came close.

I avoided the subject as much as possible, dancing around the subject but Devon never let me forget and this went on for months until finally one day he kissed me. And that's how our souls bound together and the love I felt for him but ignored became my greatest love of all.

Blinking, I shift my gaze to Sang. Her eyes are closed but I can tell she isn't asleep, she looks exhausted though. I feel for her, I really do. I can't imagine what she's going through and I don't even try. Right now, she has the weight of the world on her shoulders – literally. Everything comes down to my baby cousin; this sweet, innocent fifteen year old girl.

Tyler
Fifteen Years Old

I don't want to do this anymore. I don't like hurting people but father is pressuring me and I feel I have no choice. I don't want to be evil. I don't want to be bad in anyway at all. I want to be good, but telling my father that is just useless.

Laying on my bed, I squeeze my eyes closed. Father took me with him to hurt a human earlier and her screams are still ringing in my ears. I want to help her, to save her by healing her, an ability I only learned about not to long ago, but he wouldn't let me. I have no idea why he hurt her. I just know I didn't like it.

My bedroom door flies open and I jump up from the bed, my eyes landing on my Uncle Paul. His eyes are dark, his face red with anger. "You listen to me right fucking now, boy."

"Paul, don't bloody do this," mom shouts. "He'll be ready by his sixteenth birthday in a few months. I promise."

"Shut the hell up, Paula." Mom comes into view and glares at me from where she stands, his eyes just as dark as Paul's. Paul points his finger at me. "Your fucking evil, so act the hell like it. If you're told to do something, you do it. Don't disobey any orders. One day, you'll be King and the underworld will be yours to run. No demon is going to listen to you if you're a fucking pussy."

"I don't want to be King," I argue. "I don't want any of that." Maybe arguing back isn't such a good idea. I realise this more when Paul's eyes turn to fire, angry orange flames.

"You don't have a choice. Between you and Sang, you can make the best fucking King and Queen the underworld has ever seen. You don't get a choice, just like she doesn't."