Chapter 17

Even Angels Fall ~ Chapter 17

Zayn's POV

"Do you love me?"

    "Do you have to ask?"

Smiling I ran a hand through her hair, trailing my finger tips lightly against her scalp. She hummed in content, eyelids fluttering closed. "We've only been married for two years with a kid!" She giggled, peering up at me. Reaching out her hand she cupped the side of my face, her thumb tracing the planes of my cheek. She trailed her hand down to the back of my neck and hoisted herself up towards me, moulding her mouth to mine. I braced her at her hips and slid her onto my lap. I've sworn, time and time again, I could get lost in her if the world would just let me. But the moment was short-lived as our lips shuttered apart at the sound of a booming voice.

"Alright you two love birds, break it up!" Nallia buried her face into the side of my neck and I chuckled as I turned to face a smirking Harry, Azalia perched happily atop his head tangling her fingers in his curls. A petite girl with midnight black hair smiled adoringly at the toddler, shuffling awkwardly from foot to foot beside Harry.

"Nallia, we have a visitor." I whispered, standing from the couch and clearing my throat. "Uh, I'm Zayn?" I said, sounding more like a question and reached out to grasp her smaller hand in mine. "Rosalinda," she smiled, and Nallia cooed from beside me. "Exotic," she smirked, "I like it!" She threw her a lazy wink, laughing at herself and pulled the girl into a hug.

"I'm Nallia, Zayn's-"

"Wife. Girl, you made headline news for weeks. I know you." Nallia grinned, "and my-" "Daughter Azalia. It appears we're already acquaintances." She smiled at the bubbly toddler engrossed in Harry's hair.

"So are you two..." Zayn left his sentence hanging as he looked between Harry and I. I peered at Harry warily and he nodded, taking my hand in his. Nallia tossed a glare in Harry's direction. "Like serious or...what?" She asked, looking thoroughly bemused. Harry winced and dropped my hand as both of his flew to his head. "I'd like to keep my hair so how about you take your monster first!"

I laughed as I scooped Azalia from around his neck and swung her around, the toddler erupting in blubbering laughter all the while. "Excuse us for a moment," I heard Nallia say as she smiled sweetly at Rosalinda and tugged Harry away by the ear. I tossed a smile at Rosalinda as she kneeled down to play with Azalia on the floor.

"That's my girl," I jerked my chin in Nallia's direction and the two of us shared a laugh comfortably.

Harry's POV

"Ouch! That hurts!" I blew out an exasperated sigh as her grip on my ear remained firm. "Nallia, would you let go already! You could've just asked me to come with you rather than drag me all the way here by the ear!"

She planted herself before me, arms crossed over her chest and serious face in play, as I rubbed my ear tenderly. "Was that really necessary?" I asked. She nodded. "What's going on there?"

"Where?"

"With her."

I raised a brow at her as I leaned back comfortably on the kitchen bench. "Jealous Nallia?" I chuckled, reaching out to pinch her cheek. She only slapped my hand away and stared me down harder if that was even possible. "I'm serious, Styles!"

"Well that's something you don't see everyday." I retorted, chewing languidly on a string of grapes I snatched from a fruit bowl in the centre of the seating island. "Will you cut the crap Harry. She seems like a nice girl and I don't want you messing with her if that's the case."

I narrowed my eyes at her, shifting on my feet. "You've known her for no longer than five minutes, at the most, and yet you manage to conclude that she's a nice girl and I'm the player messing with her heart, huh. Tell me, was it the compliments she showered you with or the friendly sparkle of her eyes?" I hit her with a sardonic smile, sarcasm all but oozing from my lips. 

Her lips parted slightly and she took a step backwards, arms falling to her sides. The hurt expression on her face had me cringing in guilt. "Shit," I cursed, rubbing my palms across my face, "I didn't mean that, man. I'm sorry. It's just everything with her and...I don't want this to get out to the media yet and I can't, I don't-"

I groaned, dragging my fingers through my hair and tugging furiously on the curly locks. She sighed, wrapping her arms around my waist and pulling me in towards her. "This is serious, huh?" She mumbled as I rested my chin against the top of her head. "I didn't plan to fall for her like this but...I don't know. There's so much more to her than a pretty face."

I could feel her lips pull into a smile against my chest. "You smell good," She laughed, pulling back to peer at me. I grinned down at her, ruffling her hair with one of my hands. "We've missed you 'round here." She said softly. I pulled her back into me, wrapping my arms around her once more.

"I've missed being here."