Chapter Thirteen: 'Whipped Sisters'

Lexa POV:

"What about this? Does this look okay?" I asked frantically, holding up a red and black flannel against my chest. Anya raised her eyebrow at me as she lay back on my bed, sitting up against the wall and looking at me with a smirk plastered on her face.

"You're so whipped, Lex. It's hilarious" She grinned. I glared at her, shoving the shirt back into the closet. Sifting through all my other clothes as I heard Anya sigh and walk over to me, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to face her, making me have to look up slightly due to her being taller than me. 

"I want this to go right" I admitted quietly and shuffling nervously, the corners of her lips quirked up as she gently pushed me aside and stood in front of my clothes. 

"Listen, Lexa. This girl is clearly just as crazy about you as you are about her" She started, effortlessly putting together an outfit for me. Grabbing a worn, maroon sweater with a faded print of some bands logo who I used to like, black skinny jeans and a pair of black army style boots. "You've already done the difficult part, okay? You didn't do exactly how I imagined but, you did it none the less"

"And by that you mean confessing my feelings for her in front of over one hundred students in the middle of a lecture? Oh wow I really did that" I said the last part quieter and mostly to myself, but Anya heard and laughed anyway as she shoved the clothes in my chest, ruffling my hair playfully and walking back to the bed. I quickly changed into the new outfit before wandering over to sit beside Anya, who threw her arm around my neck, trapping me in a half sisterly, half violent headlock.

"You've got this, Little Sis. And Lexa...I'm proud of you. The way you handled things with Costia, it was respectable" She rubbed my shoulder in a comforting manner her serious tone rare. I raised my brow.

"I screamed at her in the middle of the cafeteria then nearly screwed everything up with Clarke" I stated dryly. Her laugh filled the room as she shook her head. 

"I mean after that. You talked with her, got closure. And now you can finally be with Clarke, and honestly you deserve her. I can't wait to meet her, I've got some great photos of you back in middle school" She joked, I punched her in the side, which only made her laugh more. Even if she was playing around, I knew that if she was given the chance, she would most definitely show Clarke those photos. 

"It's five minutes to eight, I should go pick up Clarke. Are you going you going to hang here for a while?" I questioned as I stood up, grabbing a black bomber jacket and pulling it on while my best friend waved her hand. 

"Only for an hour, then I'm meeting some friends back at my place. Besides if all goes well, I think you'll be needing this room to yourselves" She smirked with a wink. I rolled my eyes, used to her sexual jokes after years of knowing her. I waved goodbye, taking a deep breath before leaving and shakily walking down the corridor to room 214, nerves building up inside of me to the point where I wasn't sure if I would even be able to form an actual sentence. 

"Alright, Lexa. You can do this. You are a world champion fighter...a date is nothing compared to that. But it's a date with Clarke....okay just shut up and knock on the door" I encouraged quietly to myself, raising my fist to the door, which opened before I even had the chance to knock, revealing a grinning Raven Reyes.

"Hey, Lex. Clarke is just freaking out I mean getting ready" The young engineering student joked lightly. But I had stopped listening as soon as I saw a blonde haired girl step into view, standing there wearing a black skater girl skirt, and a simple black sweater that was a bit too big for her, so it's sleeves covered some of her hands in the most adorable way. She also wore a pair of black heels with a purse bag slung over her shoulder and hanging by her side, and I can honestly say, that she took my breath away. She made my heart stop for a moment, and it was suddenly impossible to be standing there staring at her, and not feel so incredibly lucky.