Chapter Nine: 'We were Kids-'

CLARKE POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling oddly refreshed, I wasn't as tired as I usually was. And more than that, I couldn't feel that chilly breeze I usually felt in the morning due to my dorm room window having a draft. Wait. I wasn't cold. In fact, it was then I realised how comfortably warm I was, and noticed that I was pressed against someones body, and that someone had their arms draped lazily yet protectively around me. I smiled, looking up at the sleeping face of Lexa Woods. Her hair was slightly messy, and partly covering her face, the oversized Hogwarts jumper feeling soft against my cheek. My oversized Hogwarts jumper. I smiled at the thought of how easily I could get used to waking up beside this girl, and of Lexa looking a thousand times better in my clothes.

Then the memories of the night before came crashing down, I barely remembered anything after asking Lexa to stay with me, but I remembered our conversation in the park. How she talked about her father- and mine. How she comforted me as I broke down and didn't leave my side all night- how she stayed with me as the tears fell down my face. I remembered feeling like there was nothing in my life I didn't want her to know, because I wanted her to know everything about me- good, bad, boring, exciting- everything.

I carefully twisted my body to grab my phone, before leaning on her again, noticing I had a stream of messages and three missed calls from Wells. I saw on the group chat that Lexa had told them I was upset and was taking me to my dorm, but didn't elaborate. I sighed, smiling one last time at the Polis-born girl in front of me before slowly moving off the bed and calling my long-time best friend.

"Clarke? Hey, you okay? I saw Lexa's text" He asked in a concerned tone on the other end of the line, sounding as if he had just woken up.

"Yeah, I'm okay. She stayed with me last night" I explained. I heard his sigh of relief, I had come to realise that he trusted Lexa with me.

"That's good. What happened?"

"I asked about her dad. She was telling me about him and the way she spoke...I just thought about how much my dad would have loved her, so I told her. Then I got upset, and she told me that my dad was a hero, and I broke down. So she held me and took me back and she didn't leave me. She just held me" I explained, replaying the night in my head. He knew all about the pain my fathers death had left me in, so I knew he would be thankful that Lexa was there for me.

"Lexa is a good person, just like you...I'm glad you found each other. You two deserve one another" He said softly, and I could practically feel him smiling on the other end on the line. I smiled too, looking at the sleeping girl before me, my eyes trailing to her lips. I remembered how soft they felt against my own...my eyes widened as a look of shock took over my face t the sudden return of the memory.

"Oh my god" I whispered into the phone, horrified...but not regretful "I kissed Lexa last night"

"YOU WHAT? WHEN?" He shouted, making me wince.

"I was half asleep, I wasn't thinking. It was basically platonic...but I still did it! Fuck what if she finds it awkward? Fuck" I ran a stressed hand through my hair as I looked at the girl.

"Pull yourself together Clarke, we all knew it was coming. You just need to find the courage to actually ask her out. You realise it's killing me seeing you two beat around the bush, right?"

"Shut up- it was just a peck. Anyway you and Sasha took six months to finally get together"

"Yeah, and I wish I had asked her out in the first month. She's left for college now and I wish more than anything that I could have been her boyfriend long before we actually started dating. Just one more week of memories of us together to comfort me while we are apart. That's my advice Clarke- don't wait" His tone was serious and soft, I nodded even though he couldn't see me.