Chapter Eleven: 'She...her..Costia..'

WELLS POV:

(A/N: Just making sure everyone saw this is from the perspective of Wells)

"LEXA! LEXA WAIT-" I shouted after the brunette girl who I had known for mere days, watching as she disappeared into the stair well, leaving Raven, Octavia and I alone and confused. I thought about what she had just said about Clarke needing us, and my heart plummeted, worried sick for both Lexa and my best friend. 

"Should someone go after her?" Raven asked in a concerned tone, her usually jokey persona temporarily gone as the three of of us stood there in front of the elevator, completely dumbfounded. We weren't sure if we should leave Lexa alone, or if we should go find her. But she had said that Clarke needed us, so that settled the decision for me.

"No...let's go to Clarke, find out what the hell happened" I frowned, turning around and jogging towards Clarke's room, eyes scanning the door numbers until I saw the number 214. Gulping before turning to Raven, who handed me her keys without me even needing to ask, fumbling with them due to my hands which shook with worry, eventually turning the lock, pausing to turn back to the my two friends behind me.

"Give us a few minutes alone" I spoke politely, they nodded in understanding, watching Octavia softly grab Ravens forearm, who was failing to hide her concern for our two friends, who had clearly just had quite the disagreement. O led the trainee engineer/mechanic to her own dorm room up the hall, leaving me alone. I took a deep breath before turning the handle and pushing open the door.

My heart broke at what I saw. Clarke was just stood there, barely moving besides her shaking body, her eyes glistening with tears at she stared into nothingness in the middle of her room. My gut was wrenching, hating the sight of my best friend in pain. I was frozen for a few moments, watching her turn to face me. 

"She..Her..Costia...she said.." She couldnt even string together a sentence before breaking down into tears, collapsing against the side of her bed, pulling her knees up to her chest.  

"Clarke" I breathed, rushing to her side on the floor beside her, pulling her body into my own as she soaked my shirt with her tears. Hearing Clarke cry was the single most painful sound I could possibly hear, and it took all my strength not to cry too, as I rubbed her arm, not saying a word. Just holding her. A million scenarios racing around my head as I tried to think of what Lexa could have possibly done to put my Arkadian best friend in such a state.

Her sobs finally died down after about twenty minutes of her crying into my shoulder so much I could feel the dampness of her tears through my shirt and on my skin. My eyes scanned her face as she pulled away slowly, managing to meet my eyes.

"Please tell me what happened" I pleaded, moving a lose strand of hair behind her ear, her face raid and stained by tears. I hadn't seen her so broken since Jake died, and whilst that breakdown was a hell of a lot more severe and lasted days, this was the most hurt she had been since that event. And it was definitely the most broken she had ever been over a girl or boy she liked. 

"Her ex showed up. She blew up. Then we came back here, and she blew up on me...she told me that I don't even care about her...why does it hurt so much, Wells? She's right...I barely know her...I shouldn't be feeling so much about this-" She started, voice shaking, but I cut her off.

"Don't say that. You are allowed to feel as much as you want to feel. And to hell with you two barely knowing each other. You two might not know each others favourite colours, you might not know her favourite book or her favourite food-"

"Chicken nuggets" She whispered. I paused, confused as to what chicken nuggets had to do with anything "Her favourite food. It's chicken nuggets"