Chapter Four: 'We should talk later'

LEXA POV:

The first thing I noticed when I walked out onto the large lawn area in front of the school was just how many students there were at Polis University. I had grown up in the city and so was used to crowds, but even I was a little overwhelmed.

Stalls were set up wherever I looked and I felt strangely vulnerable standing before it alone. I took a deep breath before walking into the crowd, eyes lazily scanning the stalls advertising clubs, sororities, fraternities, extra classes- everything I could think of. But I was uninterested in almost all of them, but stopped in amusement when I saw Clarke at the Quidditch Club stand, her friends no where to be seen.

"And you say I'm the dorky one" I smirked, making her jump as I stood beside her. She blushed slightly, which only amused me more.

"I was just looking...who knew Quidditch Club was a thing?" She smiled sweetly as we started to walk to other stands, our shoulders brushing every now and again, sending shivers down my spine for reasons unknown.

I smiled when I saw the stand for the martial arts club my younger brother attended, knowing they were using the university to recruit new members. I smiled at Bellamy handing out a leaflet about the Nightbloods. A sense of pride came over me as I thought about Aden.

"Hey, Clarke- do you mind if we go to that stand over there?" I asked politely, she nodded with a smile as we walked over, Bellamy grinning at the two of us. Clarke hugged him in greeting whilst I said a quiet hello.

"Hi, I'm Bellamy. I don't think we've been formally introduced...but do I recognise you from somewhere other than Clarke stalking your instagram yesterda- OUCH" He whimpered at Clarke punching his arm, I laughed as I shook his hand.

"You teach my brother I think, he's one of the night bloods. Aden" I explained, his eyes lit up.

"Aden Woods? Now that is a talented kid. You know he's working three years above his age? I can't believe him- he even beat me once" He sounded impressed as he gushed about the boy, Clarke looking completely lost beside us.

"I'll tell him you said that. Anyway, we should go, Clarke...places to see, clubs to join" I smiled. She nodded, waving goodbye to Bellamy as we continued to walk in a comfortable silence. I could feel her eyes on me, evaluating me, trying to figure me out.

"What was that about?" She eventually asked.

"He just coaches my little brother. Do you have any siblings?" I asked curiously.

"Nope, it's just me and my mum" She sighed. I opened my mouth to ask about her dad, but got the feeling it was neither the time nor the place. But I could tell she was thinking about him, just by the way she had a sad look in her eyes and had gone silent. So I slipped my hand into hers, squeezing it in silent comfort as we continued to walk.

After about two hours of walking and chatting, we decided to meet Octavia and Raven for lunch. Who- we had decided- needed to date. We had even tweeted out on both our Twitter accounts '#OctavenWillRise', which had been met by some unamused responses from the pair- which only made Clarke and I laugh harder.

"I don't care what the fuck you think, Clexa is a better name than Lexarke" We heard Raven growl as we sat in front of the pair, who seemed to be in a rather heated discussion. I shot Clarke a confused glance, who just shrugged with an equally puzzled look on her face.

"Okay actually looking at them now, Clexa suits them. BUT if they were in some post apocalyptic zombie drama or something...Lexarke would so rise" Octavia reasoned. Raven nodded as she shovelled a spoonful of rice into her mouth.