Chapter Eleven

As she walks through the doors of the law firm, Karissa really didn't feel like she wanted to be at work. Her anxiety was increasing once more and is afraid to leave work for the day as she believed her boss would have a "acting like a two year old attack". Whitney noticed how white Karissa's face looked and soon became concerned right away. "Karissa, are you okay? You don't look well.", "I'll be fine Whitney." She lied, "I just need to sit down.". Without realizing, Karissa accidentally rolled up both of her sleeves as soon as sat in her seat. It didn't take long for Whitney to notice the cuts right away on her arms.
    "Jesus Christ! What the hell did you do to yourself?" She cries as everyone sitting in their offices could hear Whitney raising her voice including their boss. Oh Fuck, I forgot! Karissa froze immediately and didn't know what to do or what to say. "I'm a klutzy person you know Whitney, the other day I got attacked by my sister's cat who clawed me pretty good.", "Well, with that cat of hers, it knows how to claw such perfectly thin lines." Whitney says loudly but became a little bit suspicious, "Maybe since you've been going to your doctor for that bladder infection that maybe you should also get your arms checked out since it may cause infection.", "I will, that's why I'm making a doctor's appointment sometime next week or so, when I can get in to get it checked out."
By the time 12:30pm came, Karissa and Whitney head on out for a brief moment to grab lunch to a nearest small cafe that they always like to go to. Karissa would order her usual egg salad sandwich with beef barley soup on the side and Whitney would order a mini all meat sub with chips and coffee. The two walked into the cafe as they could see, there was a short line up at the cash register. "This isn't super busy as I thought it would be today." Whitney recalled, "Yeah, it shouldn't take as long for us to get back to the firm.". Whitney started to look at Karissa for a brief moment which Karissa could tell from the corner of her eye she is looking at her. "What?" She asked nervously, "Are you really sure those were cat scratches you've had earlier? I notice you wear a sweater all the time and I can't help but wonder...".
"Look Whitney, I don't know what you are talking about but it's not what you think!", "I don't know what to believe Karissa, there was a girl I went to University with that had cuts all over her arms and legs and she was kind of the same as you...". Oh no, Oh shit, I think I'm caught..."Whitney, if you are talking about that girl that cut herself, I don't do that and I never have! The only reason I wear sweaters is because I always get so cold in the firm, you know how Douglas our boss makes the rooms always so cold!" Whitney took a brief moment to think and realized that Douglas does make that part of the building so cold and she too wears a sweater. "Oh, I'm so sorry Karissa, I didn't think that way before. I hope you didn't think I have accused you. Those do like cat scratches and I didn't mean to...", "It's okay Whitney, I understand.".
The two ordered their food to go and walked back together to the firm. As they were enjoying their lunch while working at the same time, Karissa's iPhone started to vibrate a couple of times. She picked it out of her purse and saw that Trevor had left her a text message...
Baby, I'm so sorry about earlier. I shouldn't of walked out like that.
Can we start over and pretend nothing has happened?
                 I love you, let's have sex tonight XOXOXO
Karissa began to grin ear to ear and texted back agreeing his proposition. Then she texted her mother who she knows that she shouldn't be ignoring to and eventually tell her what's been going on in her "Personal" life...
Hi Mom, I'm so sorry I've missed your call. I've been keeping myself
                                                     busy with work that I've haven't had a chance to talk to you.
       Could I call you as soon as I finish work? I get off at 4:30pm
                                                                    There's something that I need to tell you :)