The Announcement

I put down the bowl i had just grabbed from the cabinet and opened the fridge. I searched through looking for the eggs. Finally i found them behind a tub of butter. I closed the fridge and started to crack the eggs on the rim of the cup.
"Nice technique" i heard from across the table. I looked up to see a boy with shaggy brown hair and blue eyes staring into my soul. I dropped the egg shell i was holding onto the floor. And started to scream Dad came charging in with a gun. He looked around and shook his head.
"Reed what the hell is wrong with you?" He asked lowering the gun.
"Do you not see a random guy in our kitchen" i said still started. He put the gun on the table.
"I was about to shoot the kid reed." He said dissapointaly.
"This is Liam, your step brother." He said. My eyes widened.
"I thought you said they wernt moving in till next month" i said bending down to grab the egg shell. Dad chuckled.
"Reed, that was last month" he said. I got up and threw the egg shell in the trash.
" well, liam if your living with me try not to scare the crap out of me again" i said grabbing the salt and pepper.
"Ill try" He said smiling.
"What's the problem?" Elizabeth, The Wife.
"Nothing dear just Reed getting to know liam" he said kissing her cheek. She whispered something in his ear. He grabbed the gun and headed out the kitchen.
"Now, dont fill yourself up reed, we are going out for lunch soon." I stired the eggs faster.
"Sure thing." I replied as she walked out the door.
"Sorry for scaring you like that" Liam says sitting on the table.
I try to be polite and say it's ok grabbing orange juice walking back To my room,but I really just wanted to go off on him. I almost peed seeing him out of nowhere but I guess it's whatever.
As I walk off to sit on my bed the clock read 11:30 today i didn't have any classes so my dad planned for us to go out to lunch. Little did I know he would invite his fiancé. I would have signed up for an extra activity. Like dance. I started to eat my raw egg. Yes raw its good for the skin. My phone beeped and i sat the bowl onto my bedside table where the orange juice already layed. I grabbed the Orange juice with my left hand and my phone with the right. I sipped the orange juice and looked at my notifications.

Taylor- Hey Babe😊

Me- Wassup cool cat

Taylor- Dont ever say that again. Up for studying?

Me- Sure but need to go to Subway first pleaseee Btw new brother alert

Taylor- Is he cute? Invite him omw 10 min tops love ya babe.

I closed my phone and put the empty glass of orange juice on the table. Getting up from my bed and putting my phone inside the back pocket of my shorts. And look at myself in the mirror. Light pink crop top. Washed denim shorts.
"Nice" I hear a voice behind me say. I turn around to see Liam staring me up and down.
"What are u doing in here?" He shakes his head and walks away.
"wait so me and my friend are going to lunch and I wanted to invite you"
Liam doesn't smile and turns his head starting to walk away. I try to think of a way to keep him interested.
"I'll pay... You just have to come" I say giving him a smile. He combs his hand through his hair and he nods his head in approval. I smile and walk out after him closing my door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey so this is the new sib" Taylor says hugging me. I smile and nod my head towards Liam.
"Hi I'm Taylor it's nice to meet you" Liam just stared at Taylor's and shakes his head in disagreement. I ignore it and drag the two to a table. As we wait for the waiter Liam and Taylor had a stare down. I snap my fingers In Taylor's face to snap him out of it. "So this whole time i been trying to figure out if you're gay. By your outfit i don't think so, but i also don't think you want girls either." I try to hold in my laugh and nudge Taylor in the ribs. We all scoot out of the booth and head to the station where you make the sandwich. We order and sit down at the booth silently. It was awkward and quite and i couldn't help feel Taylor's beady blue eyes staring me down. I get up quickly. "Im going to get soda" they booth nodded while chewing on thier sandwich. I made my way to the soda machine and grabed a cup, placing it under the coke slot filling it half way then the rest with sprite.
"Weird combo" i heard behind me. I thought it was Taylor so i turned around and threw the soda in his face. Seeing his face i quickly took his hand and dragged him to the bathroom. When we got in he sat on the sink and i wiped his eyes with a napkin.
"So why did you throw it?" He questioned i chuckled.
"I thought you were someone else" i said throwing the napkin like a basketball into the trash.
I looked at him and we awkwardly stared into each others eyes. I rubbed my hands on my back pockets to dry off the resude. "Maybe you should get home and wash off your cl..." He leaned in and kissed me. At first i leaned back but then i went for it. It was Magical. I stoped kissing and smiled.
"So does that mean youll give me your number?" I smiled again i couldn't stop "sure" i said playfully slapping is leg.
--------------------------------------------------
That is the end of 1. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed writing. Follow us so you can be updated when chpt 2 is out. Question of the chapter is do you think Reed is going to text this mystery guy?