Chapter 36 Sophie POV

A/N: Okay, just a brief summery to clear things up!

So, Sophie told Keefe when they were trapped in her mind that her abilities were killing her. Basically, since she's so powerful, and has so many abilities, she's overloaded. Stress, along with the control needed to keep people safe, is taking a toll on the young girl. So, basically, her powers are overpowering her, if that makes any sense?

Anyway, now she's with the council to meet someone referred to as 'The Oracle', kinda like Percy Jackson, she gives people their future. It's illegal to do it since knowing your future is dangerous, but Sophie is a special case.

So now we are going to learn if Sophie us;gh ;wdiugh wipughp wugb (Can't spoil)

Dedilly walked slowly, she used a crooked cane made out of a series of braided vines. Grady told me that the eldest Elves had a tiny pin with a flower on it to symbolize their wisdom. I noticed that she had a green one.

We all followed her quietly through the cluttered cottage. She had tea in fourteen cups, with a stack of mallowmelt looming over.

We sat down on the stools, like her cane, made out of vines twisted together. I could feel her intense stare ripping through my soul as I took a bite out of a slice of Mallowmelt.

"Child, your hand please," She asks sweetly. Her voice is like an old scratchy cat, but I hesitate before giving her my shaky hand.

"Hush child, you'll be fine," She coos. I relax.

Her eyes roll back into her head, my vision goes green.

Everything fades.

~~~
I'm in a meadow, running through, butterflies chase and fly through my hair. Laughter rings through my ears. I'm in a teacup yellow dress, running bear foot. Soon I'm in a yellow whispy meadow.

I turn around smiling, but my face goes rigid in fear. (Sophie can see herself running, like she's outside of her body)

I sprint faster, something dark and evil is chasing me.

I look over my shoulder, dark black inky clouds roll in fast, shadows creeping everywhere. I run faster, trying to stick with the sun.

It starts to rain--not like a drizzle, but full on pouring. The water feels like bullets sailing through my skin. I run faster, using a brainpush.

I trip and scream as I sail over the edge of a cliff.

I calm myself down and try to create a void, but it doesn't work. I try again, but it doesn't work. Each time it doesn't work I panic more.

My ability isn't working. I panic.

I scream.

Branches tear at my arms and clothes, blood and dirt and ripped clothes surround me. I'm facing the dark clouds, it looks like the symbol of the Neverseen.

"The puppet is out of tricks," Laughter fills the air, I scream and try harder to save myself.

"You will never have full control," The dark voice laughs and I hit the ground.

~~~

"AH!" I scream bolting upright, I don't feel the tears trailing down my face, everyone stares at me, fear shown on their faces.

My breathing is shaky, I focus on that. I was having a full on panic attack.

"W-What happened?" I ask seriously.

"You collapsed and fell of the stool, then your body started shaking like you were having a seizure, and then you started screaming. Then you woke--"

We here a gasp and Dedilly's eyes snapped open, her face ashen.

"Poor child," She whispers, tears in her eyes.

"Sophie, please wait outside," Bronte says quietly.

"This is about me, I deserve to stay here and hear what's going to happen to me--"

"OUTSIDE SOPHIE!" Bronte yells at me, pain is written all over his face. I flinch at how loud he was.

I run out of the room and out the door.

I see butterflies and the sun. I take a walk through the woods.

And then I see it.

I freeze with fear.

I get ready to inflict.

"SOPHIE DOWN!" Someone yells, but then I see Bronte lunge and knock me over. Just then a figure about my height runs over, it's a boy.

He has brown hair that's swept to the side, his green eyes are wide, he jumps and turns into a lion and slides back around.

He roars, his back facing me, he lunges and pins the spy.

Bronte holds me tightly in place.

I see the young boy transform and lean over me, he's bleeding, "Sophie, are you okay?" He asks.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Louis Peters," He smiles, my heart kind of flutters.

A/N: Who's Louis Peters? What just happened? What does Sophie's future intail?

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!! ;)

P.S TheAnonymousAuthor03 and I are writing a fanfic together for fun! Check it out, it's The Ultimate Choice, a KotLC Fanfic! It's when they're older!

~Tapqueen101