Chapter 19 Sophie's POV

I saw Keefe and Fitz fighting. I inflicted on Fitz, but that only made him angrier. I go to charge into it, but Tam restrains me.

"Sophie, Keefe's got this! He learned a lot of fighting and other skills from the Neverseen," Tam says sternly.

The name sends chills running down my back to my toes.

"He needs my help!" I shout, now the whole cafeteria is watching, wondering who will win.

I start crying when I see Fitz relentlessly punching Keefe everywhere.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!" I scream at Fitz, "WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

Obviously nothing is getting through to him. Keefe doesn't fight back, he takes every blow. I wiggle and try to shimmy out of Tam's vice like grip.

That only makes him hold me tighter.

Biana is paling, Dex comforts her. Lihn just watches in horror.

Then Lihn starts to move back and forth, "She's going to faint!" I shout, Tam lets go of me and catches Lihn, I charge to the boys. I scream and through myself in front of Keefe, but Fitz saw it coming as he slammed the tray down. It hit the side of my head, but the full blow was directed towards Keefe.

"NO!" I scream as blood flows out of a crack on Keefe's head. It was a dark maroon, Keefe was out cold. My whole body shakes with anger. Lihn's eyes open wide in fear.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHY ARE YOU SUCH A MONSTER? KEEFE DID NOTHING WRONG, THE ONE YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT IS ME!" I scream, Fitz flinches, everyone's eyes are wide in fear, I realize what's happening, I'm glowing. I feel hot, the flames will consume me soon.

Lihn nods her head in understanding, we've been training long enough together to know when the other is at their breaking point.

I feel the water douse me. It gets rid of the flames, but not the anger. I stalk over towards Fitz.

"Fitz I liked you once, but now I'm not so sure," My voice was full of cold hard steel. "I don't want to see or hear your voice again," My body shakes as I try to control everything. I need an outlet, but I'd kill someone with all of this emotion.

I stumble over towards an unconscious Keefe, soon I fall onto my knees. I rip my tunic, I don't care that some of my stomach is exposed. I mat it on his head, trying to stop the flow.

"Get Elwin," I say automatically, my voice absent of emotion.

I hold his limp cold hand as I apply pressure to the gash.

"It's going to be okay," I whisper to Keefe, his breathing is small and slow; shallow. "You're strong, funny, and awesome. You'll be okay," My tears soak his clothes, I hear footsteps and people running. "Stay with me," I whisper as Elwin scoops him up and sets him on a table. Dex and Biana carried tones of equipment.

"LUNCH IS OVER! GET OUT OF HERE!" Elwin screamed at the top of his lungs, everyone bolted out of here. When Elwin yells, it means business, and I'm pretty sure no one wants an angry Elwin.

I hold Keefe's hand. Elwin scurries over his body, flashing lights, and asking Dex and Biana for items. I stood still, frozen. Why would Fitz do this?

Fitz stood on the sides, I felt angry. Why are you still here? Nothing would've happened if you weren't being a butt!

"Fitz, you should probably go," I whisper quietly, Fitz walks away, hands in his pockets.

My head throbs. Oh boy, Alden and Della are going to be really angry. Probably at all of us. I feel like barfing everywhere. Nevermind, I don't feel like doing it, I am doing it. My breakfast and lunch pop right up, everywhere. If Keefe where here, he would rub my back, and play with my hair. He'd probably talk to me too.

Soon I feel strong hands on my shoulders. ELWIN YOU SHOULD BE TAKING CARE OF KEEFE!! He guides me towards a table, and I sit down.

"I think you have a concussion, but I'll have to check--"

"Later," I say sternly. Elwin smiles and heads back to Keefe.

I close my eyes and head to a back corner of my mind that can't feel any pain of today, tomorrow, or yesterday, and I fall asleep.

~~~

A/N: Keefe POV

I wake up. Elwin lets out a breath of relief. Something feels different, wrong, and scary. It's colder in here. Like a weird kind of colder.

"Do you think he'll notice?" Biana whispers to Dex. Dex nods.

"I think he's noticing right now," Dex smiles evilly.

"MY HAIR! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" I scream, bolting upright, glaring at Elwin, who's stuck in a fit of laughter. They all are. Except Sophie. Where's Sophie?

"Where's Sophie? Did Fitz hurt her? Is she--"

"Fitz was the one who did this to you?" Elwin gawks.

I gulp, "Yeah," It comes out as a whisper. I feel awful now. I just lost one of my best friends. (Sophie is my absolute best friend, Fitz is second)

Elwin groans. "We'll get back to this later, now Sophie is currently sleeping over there," Elwin points to where Sophie is peacefully sitting.

"Elwin, she doesn't look like she's breathing!" I panic. My breathing gets faster, I feel like a brick is holding me down. It forms in my stomach, painful.

Elwin hurries over there and shoves Elixars down her throat.

I sit on the floor rocking back and forth. Back and forth. Biana and Dex sit next to me, rubbing my back trying top make me feel better, but the panic is bigger. I rock faster, and my breathing gets faster and quicker. The brick gets bigger. I feel like I'm going to explode.

Then I hear it. Why can't I escape this room? KEEFE! ARE YOU OKAY? DID ELWIN FIX YOU? Maybe if I pound on the door it'll open?

That most be Sophie!

Keefe's acting strange. He does know Sophie'll be okay. Would he still be friends with me after this?

"Yes, Biana! Of course!" I turn to stare at her, with a sincere look on my face.

Biana pales, "Di-Did I say that out loud?" She asks, looking frantically from Dex to me. Dex shakes his head no.

"Keefe-you-you're a telepath," She whispers. I stand up right away and rush over to Sophie, Elwin looks totally confused. I press my fingers on her temples and follow a trail.

I'll love you forever Foster, even if you don't love me back.

Then it opens. I can hear her thoughts. She's trapped in her mind. I run all over the place, ignoring all of the thoughts, and finally I follow a warm trail. It leads me to a room, and on the other side is a door. I hear pound, pound, pound. I slam my shoulder into it, the door doesn't budge. I do it three times, but it doesn't wear down either.

I take in my surroundings. It's a small plain room. I look in drawers for a key. Wait, why would I need a key if the door doesn't have a lock?

I run back to the door and try to turn the knob, it doesn't budge. I see a word written at the top, Secrets I have to share my deepest darkest secret. I have a lot. Oh boy.

But I'm willing to let anyone know as long as it saves Foster.

A/N: Question of the day: What's Keefe's Deepest Darkest Secret?

Comment below, also I got this from the awesome TheAnonymousAuthor03! I hope you all enjoyed this!

Comment

Vote

And Stay Beautiful! ;)

~Tapqueen101