Chapter 16 Sophie POV

I twiddle with my fingers. I play with the necklace Keefe gave me.

"Foster! You're going to break it if you keep twisting it like that!" Keefe smirks. I don't return a smile. Why am I like this? Well I'm having a tribunal with the council. My powers appear to be out of control. Hopefully that's not the case.

"Hey, it's going to be alright. I'll knock some sense into them if I have to. Better yet, Dame Aline might need a different fragrance to match her personality," Keefe winks. I give him a small smile. I remember the gift I gave him, I wonder if he'd still like me powerless?

"There you go worrying again. Did you know that I feel what you feel cause I have a special ability called being an Empath," He talks to me like I'm in kindergarten. I punch his shoulder playfully, he winces.

"Keefe, what happened to your shoulder?" I asked.

"Nothing Foster," He chuckles. Then his face is serious, "It's starting," He whispers.

I clutch his hand, Grady and Edaline aren't here because they weren't involved in the incident. Biana, Lihn, Fitz, Dex, and Tam were the only other people here other then the council.

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster, Biana Vacker, Fitzroy Vacker--" I cover my mouth with my hand to muffle my laughter. Who names their kid Fitzroy. Sadly the council looks at me, thank God Keefe elbows me.

"Is there a problem Miss. Foster?" Councilor Terrik asks with an amused expression.

"No, just a side affect from something Elwin gave me," I say.

Keefe chuckles quietly.

Fitz glares at me.

"Now as we were saying, Fitzroy--" I laugh out loud. Soon Keefe's laughing also, then Biana and Lihn. Fitz and Tam look like they want to die.

The council all look at each other.

"I'm sorry just why Fitzroy?" I ask Fitz.

"It means son of a king," He says seriously.

That makes us laugh even harder. Soon it dies down and Emery continues.

"Okay, Fitz Vacker, Dexter Dizznee, Tam Sung, Lihn Sung, and Keefe Sencen are all here today according to a serious matter. Miss. Foster's powers appear to be out of control--"

"No!" Keefe shouts, they all turn to him, he swallows, "Her powers are far from being out of control. The only reason Fitz is even standing here right now is because of her. I'm not calling Tam a murderer, or that he needs supervision, but things would have gotten out of hand drastically yesterday if it weren't for her. I think you guys should be planning another assault on the Neverseen. Obviously her inflicting is a lot stronger, therefor it would be easier for her to disarm, capture, or get information out of them. If anything this just proves how awesome she really is," Keefe whispers the last part. The councilors don't look fazed.

"May I remind you Mr. Sencen, that interrupting the council is a serious offense?" Emery warns. Keefe doesn't say anything.

This is going to be a long day.

~~~

"They're jerks! They can't just do that! It's so, so unnatural!" Keefe yells, pulling at his hair.

I sigh, "Keefe, it's fine. It's only one ability," I whisper.

That just makes him angrier, "One ability? That's more then just one ability! Sophie you can do things no one else can do!" He punches a wall. Why does he have to be so angry about something so stupid?

"Keefe," I sigh standing up. He leans against the wall. (Picture above) I rub his back. "Keefe, it's going to be okay," I whisper.

"No, Sophie. It isn't," He whispers looking at me, tears in his eyes, threatening to fall.

"Keefe, now no one will have to worry about," I don't finish my sentence, I'm to afraid to.

He hugs me, "Sophie, if you can't control it, then no one can," He whispers.

A/N: I don't know how many times I'll update over these four days, but whenever I don't know what to do, expect another one! ;) Anyway, guess what ability the council is going to restrict!

Vote

Comment

And do what you all do best! Stay awesome like Mallowmelt!

~Tapqueen101