Chapter 6

The rest of the day went fine. That is, until lunch came along. Long story short, we all ended up in the principal's office half way through the lunch period.

"Joey, I expected this of you...but Daniella?"

I cleared my throat. "Please call me Dani. Just Dani."

He nodded. "Very well..Dani. So let me get this straight. You got kicked out of the lunch room on the first day of school because of a food fight?"

"Yes. Yes that sounds about right."

"Uhuh, and this started how exactly?"

"I told you not to touch her fries, man." Aaron mumbled to Mike.

"Well how was I supposed to know she was gunna freak out??" He exclaimed.

I whipped around in my seat to glare at Mike. "Maybe because I told you if you touched my food, ESPECIALLY my fries, I would flip my shit!" I quickly righted myself in my chair. "Please excuse my language."

The principal nodded. "Carry on."

Joey gasped "You can't swear in the principal's office!"

"Would you shush! We already got past that so can I just get to the story?"

"Fine, geez. How come I never get to swear in the principal's office?" He grumbled, crossing his arms and sinking low in his chair.

"Like I was saying, everything was fine in the beginning. We walked into lunch like everyone else: normal as could be."

*~*~*~*~*~*

"I don't know how you think you can eat that much." Ally scrunched up her face, eying my plate.

"Think? Oh I know I can eat this much. Besides, I got a deal! How could I refuse all this tasty deliciousness?!" I questioned with a 'duh' look on my face.

This girl is crazy. Underestimating my skills. I shook my head, typing on my phone. I was dipping a chicken finger in some yummy sauce when I heard Joey's phone ping. He quickly punched in a response before setting his phone back down on the lunch table.

I don't get it. I've known you just as long as she has and I don't doubt you could eat that whole plate and then some.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed.

"Wait, are you two texting about me?" Ally snatched Joey's cellphone.

"Oh did I do that thing where I say things out loud when I mean to just say them in my head again? Yo Ally my bad. Pizza log?" I smiled offering her one of my beauties.

Once again she scrunched up her nose at the sight of my plate "No thank you."

I shrugged, popping it in my mouth instead. "Suit yourself. Like I said, it was a sweet deal."

"What sweet deal?" Aaron and Mike walked up to the table with their trays.

"On my food. I know the lunch lady so she gave me a sweet deal."

"How on earth are you in with the lunch ladies already? You just got here!" Mike exclaimed.

"Don't worry about it Mikey boy. I gots my connections" I winked.

"Well I don't know about anyone else, but wanna get in on that action" he leaned over the table to grab at my fries.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Slow your roll there mister! If you want some yummy deliciousness you go get some yourself! If that hand comes this close to my babies again someone's gunna lose a finger. And I'm not gunna apologize for for it either" I slapped Mike's hand away.