Chapter 5 (part 2)

I would like to say that math carried on without any further distruption...but then I would be lying. A lot. I sat in the only seat left by the time we came in. Which, to my misfortune, was across the isle from Joey. Kyle sat behind me and chuckled while Joey proceeded to assail me with his school supplies, trying to get my attention. At first it started out with little ripped pieces of paper finding their way onto my desk. When pretended not to notice, Joey started psst-ing. I had to sit there for about five minutes listening to Joey go "Psst Dani...Psst! Dani!...PSSSSSST!!! DANI!!!" Every time he said it his voice grew louder. When he realized I couldn't hear him (though I could hear him perfectly clear), he huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back into his seat. I sighed quietly and closed my eyes, smiling slightly, relieved that he was done. 

That was until I felt air rushing by my face. What the hell?!? I opened my eyes to see a ball of paper on the floor next to me. As I was looking in disbelief at that paper, another came flying by. I turned in my seat to look at Kyle questioningly, he just shrugged and gave me a look as if to say 'I dunno'.

What does Joey need my attention for so badly that he has to throw pieces of paper??? I mean is he trying to hit me?

I got my answer when a notebook basically b*tch-slapped me in the face. The teacher was oblivious and most everyone else was still watching the teacher as if this happened everyday; and I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I mean from what I've gathered, Joey is pretty much like this all the time. Which I guess is a good thing ya know cause it livens stuff up...that is until you get hit in the face with a notebook.

Behind me, bursts of laughter escaped through Kyle's lips. I turned to glare at him and picked up the notebook, throwing it frisbee style, quickly turning around. I heard a slapping sound and Kyle groan, earning a satisfied smirk on my part.

"Hey! That's my notebook!" Joey whisper/exclaimed like it was an outrageous idea for me to throw it at Kyle.

"Well maybe if you didn't throw it at me, your little notebook would be safe and sound on your desk where it's supposed to be!" I shot back.

"Well maybe if you would have listened to me, I wouldn't have had to throw it at you!"

"Well maybe, you should have waited till after class to tell me whatever the hell is so important!"

"Well maybe it was too important to wait!"

"Fine tell me! What was sooo important that you have to tell me RIGHT NOW?!?!"

"Well I'm not gonna tell you now." Joey turned his head away from me, and stuck his chin up, crossing his arms over his chest.

I took a deep breath "Fine." I gritted through my teeth.

It was quiet for a couple of moments and I was finally able to listen to the teacher. As I was taking notes, Joey started psst-ing again. And I, once again, pretended not to hear.

"Pst...Psst...PSSST...Dani I know you can hear me!"

"Dani look at me!...Dani!" he whisper/yelled.

"WHAT?!?!?" I burst out.

"Miss Marie, do you not understand the lesson?" Mr.Goodwich stared at me from the front of the room. All eyes turned to me. Oh so NOW you decide to look over here.

"Great timing people." I muttered.

"What was that?" Goodwich asked.

"Nothing." I smiled sweetly.

"Uhuh...Miss Marie did you have a question?"

"Nope." 

"Then why did you..."