Chapter 2

*2*

The big day she was talking about, was not nearly as exciting to me. My first day in a new high school, great. And though it was a new year, being a transfer student in the middle of highschool was not going to be fun. That however was the number two thing on my mind. The first thing? Last night.

I still hadn't managed to tell anyone about the events that took place. I mean nothing severe had happened right? I was thinking of making a police report at the most but what good would that do? I would just make a fool out of myself. I mean I had watched cop shows before and they're not entirely fake. They'd ask me some questions like "Can you tell me who your attacker was? No? Well how about what he/she was wearing? Did he/she actually take anything?" and I would answer something like "Well I know it was a he because I kneed him in his...stuff and he collapsed on the floor. But no, he didn't actually take anything and he was just wearing some dark clothes." And none of that would help at all. I mean that described like..anybody.

Whatever, I wasn't all that worried about it. Some people would have freaked or maybe never walk at night again but that just wasn't me. Honestly, I just didn't care enough to sacrifice my freedom because of some one time random attack. Was I a little shaken up? Absolutely. Was I gunna live the rest of my life in fear because of it? Hell no.

I picked myself up off my bedroom floor and made my way to the bathroom rubbing my eyes. I looked into the mirror to see my hair was some how somewhat tamed, surrounding the sides of my caramel skin. I then turned on the faucet, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and turned it back off. I'm not really much of a make-up girl, I just don't feel its necessary. People who constantly wear make-up seem to look ridiculous on the occasions they are without it, when they looked fine before they started to wear it all the time!  How else can I put this? It's kinda like seeing someone who always wears their glasses, without their glasses. It just looks different. I might occasionally put on make-up for special occurrences, but if I do its just mascara, eye liner, and some lip-gloss.

I walked to my dresser combing my fingers through my curly hair. I threw on some black skinny jeans, a lime green tank top, and yawned all the way to my closet to grab my lime green converses (which might I add are totally awesome) and a short black leather jacket that stopped in the middle of my torso. Afterwards I slipped on two black and one green bangles with the green one in the middle, grabbed my bag and trotted down the stairs. 

I'm usually the first one to wake up in my house (not that my mom would have made breakfast anyway) so I poured the standard cinnamon-toast-crunch and milk in a bowl and sat down at the island table in the kitchen. After I was done, I slurped the last of the cinnamon-swirled milk in my bowl, snatched my keys from the hook and was off.

I jumped in my car, a lime green dodge charger which I absolutely loved, and tossed my backpack in the passenger seat. When I put the keys in the ignition, the engine came to life as well as the stereo. The familiar sound of Hayley Williams' voice came on and I soon recognized Paramore's 'Where The Lines Overlap'.  I started to tap the drums with my fingers on the steering wheel and sing along, sailing straight into what my mother called the 'big day'.

*~*~*~*

When I pulled up in the parking lot it was pretty full. A lot of kids must go here. I hesitantly stepped out of my car and grabbed my bag. Looking around I saw people hanging out by their cars, grouped up by trees and water fountains, reading, and chilling on benches.

This school was huge! How the hell was I supposed to find anything in here? I walked up to the front entrance and sighed. "Here goes nothing" I murmured to myself. It only took a few steps inside for me to bump into someone. Fun! A person that possibly already dislikes me in less than 5 seconds of being here. Luckily I wasn't carrying any books with me just yet, so nothing of mine dropped. A sense of relief started to wash over me but then I realized, the guy's books were sprawled out across the floor. I immediately dropped to the ground and started to help pick up his things. As I glanced up I saw he had dark brown hair and piercing brown eyes to match. I handed everything I gathered to him in a pile and we stood.

"I'm so sorry" I stammered. "I didn't mean to-"

"You know this isn't how its supposed to go" he said with a small grin.

"I know I know I just- wait what?"

"You were supposed to be the one carrying books and I was supposed to help you pick them up."

"I'm sorry?" I was still confused.

"You know those movies where the girl drops her books and the boy helps her pick them up and then they-"

I cut him off. "-exchange names , talk, realize they have all the same classes together and end up falling in love and live happily ever after? Right, yeah, I got it. Corny if you ask me. And sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't even have my schedule yet."

He looked slightly surprised and amused at the same time. I would be too; I mean my whole attitude suddenly changed from sorry and sympathetic to annoyed. Though I was usually one to speak my mind, so I guess I wouldn't be that shocked.

"Look I know how the story goes."  I added. "I already had one of those and it didn't work out so well. Soo..."

"So what if this times different?"

"Ok, and what if its not. Whats your point?"

"My point is you never know unless you try something new."

"Hmmmm" I stood there tapping a finger to my chin, tilted my head to the side and looked up as if considering and then answered "cant wanna." and walked away. I couldn't see the look on his face, but he said nothing else so I assumed I'd heard the last of him.

Little did I know, I was so wrong...

*~*~*~*~*~*

Authors note: put a pic of her awesometastical car on the side or up if you're on mobile : ) ^^ or ~~~>