Death

Yami's P.O.V.

Death happens eventually to everyone. It happens, and then, in the blink of an eye, someone that you care about is taken away from you forever. They leave.

Most of the time you blame yourself, however it isn't your fault. They died of old age, that can't be prevented. You can't make them youthful again, and you can't delay or predict a heart attack.

However, Yugi died because of me. Because of all of us. He was stabbed through the heart in the line of duty. He was protecting humans. He died, and I couldn't help him. He died, and, he rejoined his family in the land of the dead.

Thoughts like that swirled in my head. The trauma of losing Yugi still sits heavy on my mind. I am going to have to write this down eventually.

Everyone in the room stood still, mourning Yugi and silently cursing Yugi. After a moment of silence, Ryou spoke.

     "Yami, what are we going to do now? You were the second-in-command, so we now recieve orders from you," he said, his chocolate brown eyes gazing into my crimson ones.

      I looked at Yugi, who lay collapsed and helpless, just as he did the day I met him, on my lawn. I fell in love with the man who fell from the sky. The one thing I thought I wasn't going to do. I thought, gazing at him, his skin shining paler than thought possible.

       I picked up Alfysteria and twirled it in my hands. It was light, yet I could feel how the blade was lethal. It was the perfect blade.

     "We go and find the next gem. All I know is that it is in 'place of the bests,'" I said, and Ryou's face inmediately lit up.

      "I know where that is!" Ryou exclaimed, and caused the attention to focus on him. "He is in the chamber of Sepheros in Gatelderia."

     "Where?" Asked Bakura. He seemed bewildered. Of all people, I thought he was going to be the one who understood. Instead, Malik got it first.

     "You humans call it Hell. However, Sepheros is the room where the people who live a good life go when they die. They get to feast eternally, and enjoy life with the queen of Gatelderia. It's the the only good place in Gatelderia," said Malik, understanding after a bit.

      "Wait, does that mean that we can get Yugi back and retrieve the gem for Alfysteria?" Asked Joey confused. I nodded, not trusting myself to answer.

       "Get Yugi back? Why would you want to get Yugi back?" Asked a foreign voice from right beside me. I turned to see a famaliar girl on my shoulder.

******************************

     There. Chapter one. We are done. For now. See you after I update.
~Puzzleshipping44