Chapter 27

SORRY FOR THE WAIT I WAS BUSY AND WAS UNABLE TO PUT THIS FRIDAY. THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER TO THIS STORY. <3 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING.

"Where is it, Kagura?" Izayoi asked, eager to know where the heart was. "Come. I'll show you the way." Izayoi and Kagura made their way into the castle. "Kagura, there's so many rooms! How do you know which room it's in?" Smiling, the demoness responded with ease,"Oh, trust me I know." The two women stopped in front of a room with a black door.

Opening the door, the room was filled with jars and containers, like a storage room. "There's some jars where Naraku keeps his incarnations' hearts," Kagura explained. "We need to find the right one soon or Bankotsu will die!" Izayoi exclaimed. Kagura was moving some jars around, until she found some with symbols on them. "You need to calm down, Izayoi. If you help me, well find his heart faster and we can get to Bankotsu and help him out." Kagura said as she turned a jar around, examined it, and then put it back.

"I guess there's no point in arguing," Izayoi sighed. "Well what does the jar look like?" "Well, there's a lot of jars that could be it, but… I remember that the characters on the label are in white."

"What does it say on the label?" Izayoi asked, urging Kagura to think. "I guess his name," she replied.

Izayoi forced herself to search harder until she finally came across it. "I FOUND IT! LOOK!" She showed Kagura the jar. "Yeah, that's the one! Now, let's hurry back!"

They made their way back outside on Kagura's flying feather and landed near the guests. "Izayoi, where were you?" Elena questioned her. "Umm…I had to go find something to help Bankotsu," Izayoi explained, holding the jar in her hands. "Hey, what's with the jar?" Reno asked. "It's…Hakudoshi's heart, Reno," she whispered, trying to freak them out. Shocked, Reno yelled out,"His what?! You've got to be kidding me!" Itzsuna hurried over and covered Reno's mouth and whispered furiously,"Shut up, Reno! Are you trying to attract attention?!"

"Izayoi, whatever you're planning, you'd better hurry up and do it," Elena advised. She nodded and then opened the jar to get the heart out. Izayoi threw the jar aside and after watching it pulse for a while, slipped the heart in her sleeve.

"Hakudoshi! Why don't you kill me instead of Bankotsu?!" she screamed at him. Hakudoshi turned his attention to her and replied,"Well, I wanted to enjoy the night with you and have some fun. But if you insist, then so be it!" He threw Bankotsu's weaken body on the ground and went towards Izayoi and dragged her with him.

Hakudoshi stood in front of Bankotsu once more. As Bankotsu laid on the floor, he was watching Hakudoshi run his hands over Izayoi's body. He made to get up, but his body didn't respond. "Our deal is that you let Bankotsu live and you can do whatever you want with me. You got that?" Izayoi said, trying to negotiate with Hakudoshi.

Bankotsu heard Izayoi's deal not believing that she would go to that length to save him. "Izayoi, what are you trying to do?! I don't need you to get involved in this!" Izayoi replied stubbornly,"No, Bankotsu! This already involves me! This is the only way I can save you!" "Don't be stupid! I need you alive and not dead!"

Hakudoshi interrupted their argument. "Enough of this! In the end someone has to die right?" Hakudoshi smiled at Bankotsu's defeated form and says,"I would certainly like to see the look on your face when you to see her die in front of your eyes!" Holding a blade against Izayoi's neck, Bankotsu could only watch as his lover die without him to be able to do anything about it. Izayoi lowers her head slightly and smiled to herself. "That's what you think." Izayoi quickly pulled out a dagger and the heart. She stabbed the heart fiercely "What?!" Hakudoshi screamed, as he dropped his naginata on the ground. "I snuck in the castle while you weren't looking and took your heart, with Kagura's help!" Hakudoshi eyes widen in surprise. He made to grab her from the neck, but fell forward. Then unexpectedly, his body disappeared along with his heart, not leaving a single trace of his existence.

Izayoi ran over to Bankotsu, kneeling at his sides. She helped him sit up. "You know that was very dangerous!" Bankotsu nagged her. "Yeah, I know. But what else could I have done? I had to save you…after all you're the man I love!" Bankotsu laughed gently, but then coughed up a little blood. "Bankotsu!" Izayoi said worriedly, placing her hand on his chest. "No, I'm alright. Don't worry." He grinned at her. Shaking her head, she said,"I should worry about you! You need some rest." Bankotsu slowly laid his head on her lap, staring up at the evening sky as carefully brushed his hair aside.

xXx

Flowers were being thrown at the newlywed couple as cheers were going around. Izayoi was wearing another beautiful kimono on her wedding day with Bankotsu as her groom. Jakotsu approached the couple. "So big brother…how many kids do you want?" Jakotsu asked. "Enough to make a huge army of mercenaries!" he replied. Izayoi gasped and replied,"Bankotsu! We're not going to have that many kids! And they're especially not all gonna be mercenaries!" "I was just kidding, Izayoi!" Bankotsu laughed.

Kikyo and Naraku were inside the castle, looking at the commotion outside through a window. "Kikyo, what are you planning to do with your life?" Naraku asked calmly. After staring at him for a moment, Kikyo replied,"I was kind of …hoping to stay near Izayoi." "For her sake…I won't do anything to you. You may stay here." Kikyo was surprised at his acceptance of her request. Kikyo smiled for the first time at Naraku. "As for me, I will forget what has happened in the past and start a new live with Izayoi, Bankotsu and you too."

Bankotsu and Izayoi were in their bedroom, talking about the whole Hakudoshi disaster. "Thank god it's over! We can finally be together!" Izayoi said, sighing in relief. "Yeah, I know. He's gone for good!" Bankotsu kissed Izayoi on the lips before hearing a knock on the door. He went to go open the door, only to see Kohaku. "Umm… Bankotsu sir, your brother, Jakotsu, wants to talk to you really quick." "I'll be back in a minute," Bankotsu told Izayoi, kissing her before leaving.

Izayoi waved goodbye to her husband, watching him leave with Kohaku. As soon as the door closed, Izayoi heard her new phone(courtesy of the Turks, who managed to get home) ring with 'When You Look Me In The Eyes' (by The Jonas Brothers). Izayoi took out the phone. On the screen there was a picture of Reno in a pink thong leaning against Mrs. Jones' doorway. She laughed, saying,"Now, that's a good picture!"