Chapter 12

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I TOTALLY FORGOT TO UPDATE ON FRIDAY! SO HERE'S THE CHAPTER... I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.

Izayoi climbed the few stairs and made her way to her father's chambers. "I guess I'll go talk to Dad for a while. Just to get my mind off everything," Izayoi thought as she stopped outside his door. "May I come in?" she called. "Yes of course," she heard Naraku reply. She opened the door and went over to sit next to her father. Apparently, he hadn't been expecting her. Izayoi hugged him, feeling that she needed a parent's affection. He put an arm around her and asked,"What's wrong, Izayoi?" "Nothing. I just had nothing better to do," she replied.

He kissed the top of her head and Izayoi smiled to herself. This was exactly what she needed! She heard the door slide open. "Hakudoshi, you're just in time. Take Izayoi out somewhere for me," Naraku said. Izayoi's heart leapt. "But I don't wanna go anywhere," Izayoi told Naraku. Hakudoshi approached them, smiling at Izayoi. "Where do you want me to take her?" "It doesn't matter," Naraku replied. "Very well then," Hakudoshi said. "Come, Izayoi." Reluctantly, Izayoi got up and followed Hakudoshi out the door. Down the hall, he turned to look at Izayoi. "Where do you want to go?" "I don't know," Izayoi said as she walked, looking down at her feet. "Fine. I'll take you somewhere you haven't been to with Bankotsu," he replied.

Hakudoshi had taken Izayoi to a cliff overlooking the sea. Izayoi had to admit that it was a very beautiful place. The sun was shining brightly and there was a gentle breeze passing by. Izayoi sat on the edge, letting the breeze blow her hair back. Hakudoshi stood behind her. He was looking at Izayoi. "I told you that the human wasn't worthy of you. And now, he's broken your heart," he said softly. "He has a point," Izayoi thought. He placed a hand on her shoulder and sat down beside her. She decided that she didn't care any more about anything and Izayoi let Hakudoshi come near her. He pulled Izayoi closer to his chest. Izayoi buried her face in his chest and felt Hakudoshi surround her. She felt his hands wrap around her waist.

Izayoi looked up to face Hakudoshi. Hakudoshi smiled at Izayoi and she suddenly began to cry on his shoulder. This was the first time she had actually allowed Hakudoshi to get close to her. "Why are you acting so nice? It's not like I deserve it," Izayoi said under her breath. Hakudoshi gazed at Izayoi for a moment Then, he put his hand on her chin. As she felt him rubbing his thumb on her lips. Hakudoshi gently stroked her hair like Bankotsu use to. "You shouldn't ask questions if you already know what the answer is."

Izayoi was silent as she gave herself a moment to think about what Hakudoshi said. "What does he really mean by that?" "You really should've listened to me, Izayoi. None of this would've happened if you just would listen," Hakudoshi taunted. "Okay...a minute ago you were all nice and now you're insulting me again?! Now, that's just messed up! What I am saying?! What are you thinking, Izayoi?!" Hakudoshi grinned to himself as he was read her thoughts. He was thinking that he would have to take this to the next level. "Listen here! You're just another incarnation of my father! Nothing will ever happen between us!"

Laughing slightly to himself, Hakudoshi kissed Izayoi on the cheek and looked at her face. The fact that she was mad at him, like how she usually was, amused him. Izayoi cheeks turned red with anger at Hakudoshi touching her. How could she have let herself be touched by the likes of him? "By the looks of it, you're back to your normal self. I guess I'll leave you to think to yourself." With that, Hakudoshi left. Izayoi yelled at him as he walked away,"Oh, yeah! Well, you can...go to hell, Hakudoshi!"After being left alone for a few minutes, Izayoi stood up and went to walk in the woods, to forget what just taken place. Feeling like a fool, Izayoi continued to walk blindly, without even looking where she was going.

Bankotsu, who was walking in the woods himself, was thinking about Izayoi. Even though he had seen her kiss the other guy, he still loved her. He still considered her very important to him. Izayoi was thinking about Bankotsu as well. How she missed his gentle touch. Her lips longed to kiss him once more. They both were unawarely walking towards each other.