Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9! YET ANOTHER FRIDAY OF UPDATING. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS.

The next morning, Izayoi woke up before Bankotsu did. She stared at him for a moment as he snored softly. "Not wanting to wake him up," she quietly got out of bed and went to go get ready for the day. "I think I'll wear this skirt so I can look sexy for him today," Izayoi thought as she held a red skirt in front of her. She looked through the clothing Elena had given her and found a simple white shirt with a cherry design on the front and some white flip flops. She also managed to find some earrings and a necklace that had cherries on it. "Does Itzsuna buy every single accessory she sees?" she thought as she also found a matching watch and bracelets.

Izayoi took a while to decide whether to put her hair up or leave it down. Finally, she put her hair up in a ponytail and put on her usual makeup, only this time, she put on some red eyeshadow to go with her outfit. When she stepped back into the room, she saw that Bankotsu was still asleep. Izayoi went up to him and said softly,"Bankotsu?" He didn't wake up, but merely turned away. She sat down on the bed and kissed him on the cheek. He started to whine as he got up. "Did you have to wake me up so early?" he asked yawning. "Early? It's already noon!" Izayoi said, getting up. "Hurry up and get ready!" she said, as she pushed him gently. "Get ready for what?" he asked, half asleep.

"I don't know. Just get ready," Izayoi said, standing in front of him. Bankotsu looked up at her. What he noticed immediately was the short skirt she was wearing. He stayed staring at her legs for a long while before Izayoi lifted his chin up saying,"My eyes are up here!" "I know where your eyes are. I'm looking at your legs," he replied, pulling her closer to him. He then kissed her cheek. She giggled and kissed him on the forehead. "Let's go. I wanna ask Reno if he has his 'Naruto' game with his so we can play," she said, pulling away from him. "Fine. Just give me a few minutes," Bankotsu said, getting out of bed. "I'll wait for ya outside!" Izayoi said. She walked out the door and went in the direction of the courtyard. As she sat down on the steps, she saw Hakudoshi enter the castle.

His clothes were ripped a bit. Izayoi assumed he must have been doing something for her father. She braced herself for an insult as he approached. However, he did not speak to her. As a sudden breeze came, it moved his hair aside. Izayoi saw a sudden glimpse of a spider shaped mark on his back. She gasped. "That mark," she said. Hakudoshi turned around to look at her. "What about it?" he asked. "I have that mark too," Izayoi replied. She always thought of herself as being a bit weird because of it. Now that she saw that someone else had it too, she felt a little bit more at ease. "Of course you have it. You're related to Naraku," he said, going inside. "Wait!" Izayoi called out. "What?" he said, coming back outside. She hesitated a bit before saying,"Do you mean you're related to Naraku as well?" "I'm his incarnation," he replied.

"You mean like Kagura and Kanna?" "Yes," he said. "So I guess that means you're not as special as you thought you were." Izayoi closed her eyes in frustration. "Does he always have to insult me?!" she thought. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you this time," he laughed, going back inside. "Well, that's the first time I was able to have a normal conversation with him. Almost," she thought. "Wish it was like that more often though." "I wonder how my mom looks," Izayoi whispered suddenly to herself. "God! It sucks that cameras haven't been invented here yet! I wish Dad would tell me about her himself. I wonder what's he's hiding from me." "Alright. Let's go look for your friend...uhh...what's his name again?" Izayoi heard Bankotsu's voice behind her. "Reno," she said. "Right," he replied, taking her hand and walking out of the courtyard.

At the Turks campsite, Elena and Itzsuna were talking about Izayoi and Bankotsu. "I talked to her a couple of days ago," Elena was saying. "Ooo...did anything happen between them?" Itzsuna asked curiously. "Well, I think they're going out. She said that they kissed, but she wasn't sure if it was a dream," Elena explained. "I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It probably felt like a dream to her," Itzsuna said, being optimistic as usual. "I think they make a cute couple. Don't you?" "Yeah, they do. And Bankotsu's really hot. When I first saw him, I was like thinking in my head 'Damn. He's so fine!'," Itzsuna replied. "Do you think Tseng will ever ask me out?" Elena asked. "He will eventually. That I'm sure of. Do you think Reno will ever ask me out?" Itzsuna said. "I think he will, too. You guys get along. Well, sort of. You're just both silly," Elena said, smiling.