Chapter 6

THIS IS CHAPTER 6! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT! <3

The next morning, Izayoi awoke early, feeling as though last night's sleep was the best she had ever had. Her and Bankotsu were still cuddled together. She didn't want him to think that she had hugged him on purpose, so she pretended to be asleep in case he woke up. However, she couldn't resist staying still, not when he was so close to her. She kissed his cheek as she had done the previous night. He began to stir as he felt her kiss. Immediately, Izayoi pretended to be asleep. She felt him move and knew that he was already awake. The first thing Bankotsu noticed was that she was hugging him. He didn't want to wake her up, so he just stayed in the bed. He wrapped his arms around Izayoi and slowly began to stroke her hair and then her back.

Izayoi smiled to herself. She loved it when Bankotsu stroked her hair. She decided to 'pretend' to wake up. "Good morning," she said, still laying on him. She could hear his heart beat and felt his hand on her lower back. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, letting go of her. "Yeah," she yawned. Izayoi smiled at Bankotsu. She felt his body warmth, not to mention his arms around her waist. "Hey, do you want some breakfast?" Bankotsu asked out of the blue. "Uhh...that sounds great!" He got out of bed and walked towards the door. He looked outside of the room to see if there were any servants around. Luckily, there was a woman passing by the hallway. Bankotsu called out to her, asking her to bring some breakfast. The woman hurried down the hallway. "Bankotsu, what you up to?" Izayoi looked at him curiously. He turned to face her while he closed the door. From a far distance down the hallway, Hakudoshi had happened to see Bankotsu at Izayoi's door before he went inside. By his thoughts, he figured out that he had slept over with Izayoi, in the same bed. Hakudoshi narrowed his eyes at the thought of Bankotsu sleeping in the same bed as Izayoi.

He then left with his mind full of thoughts of his own. Back in Izayoi's room, Bankotsu spoke to her,"Oh, I'm just sending up breakfast for you that's all." Izayoi looked at him and smiled a bit. Then, she heard a soft knock. Bankotsu went over to open it. A woman came in carrying a breakfast tray. "Oh, here you go! Enjoy!" With that the servant girl left the room and Izayoi looked at Bankotsu then smiled. "That's very thoughtful of you! I never thought that a mercenary like you was this nice. Thanks, Bankotsu!" Izayoi started to eat as soon as he laid the tray of food in front of her. Bankotsu stared at her for a long time. Izayoi stopped for a minute and turned to look up at him. "You don't want to eat some breakfast?" Bankotsu replied as he watched her gazed back at him like in some sort of trance, "No thanks." "Why is he staring at me while I'm eating? I hate it when people do that!" "Bankotsu, come on! You have to eat something. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!"

Izayoi begged him to eat, fully aware of the fact that he didn't like to be told what to do. "Here, you can have some of my strawberries!" (Author's Note: I couldn't think of any other food!)Bankotsu shook his head and turned away. Izayoi got sort of angry. She pick up a strawberry and said in a sweet voice,"Bankotsu?" Her plan had worked. He turned around when he heard her voice call out his name in a sweet way. "What is it?" Izayoi went up to him making him think that she was going to kiss him. Then she crammed the strawberry in his mouth when he least suspected it. "I said you have to eat!" she laughed. Bankotsu ate the strawberry she had stuffed in his mouth. "Fine. I'll eat something," he said, surrendering. "Okay! I'm gonna go take a quick bath. When I come back there better not be anything left on that tray!" Izayoi said, giggling a little. She went into the bathroom, took a quick bath, and got ready. When she came out, Izayoi saw that Bankotsu had eaten some more. She pretended to be angry and said,"I thought I had said that I wanted to see the tray empty!" "Hey at least I ate something!" he said, getting up from the bed. Izayoi laughed. "Okay! Once you take a bath, I'll meet you outside." "I just took a bath last night!" Bankotsu complained. "That doesn't matter. The water won't hurt you! I never thought a tough guy like you was afraid of taking a bath," Izayoi mocked.