Chapter 14 - Miss Holfrey

(Name) quickly ate the last bite of her food and looked at the others. Only her and Niall were done. She swallowed her food and groaned impatiently.

"Oh, shut it," Faith said, taking a drink of her water. (Name) pouted along with Niall.

"Can I get seconds?" Niall asked everyone. (Name) looked hopeful and nodded in agreement. The guys couldn't resist her, but Faith could.

"You get seconds, (Name), you are paying for it," She said, pointing at her with a fork.

(Name) went back to pouting. No one seemed to care about Niall getting seconds anymore. They didn't even notice him grabbing Harry's wallet and walking to the line.

"Where'd my baby boy go?" (Name) said, noticing his absence. The others perked up and glanced around the reastraunt.

Liam pointed to the line where a bunch of girls were squealing, "I bet that's him."

(Name) sighed and walked over to the girls. They didn't notice her till she gently pushed them away from him. Some looked offended that she touched them but others squealed harder.

"Bitch, move away from my future husband," A girl shouted at (Name).

(Name) rolled her eyes, "Leave my child alone." The girls looked at her confused while Niall started laughing.

"Thanks, mum!" He said in-between laughs. The girls started to squeal at the sound of his voice.

"Mum? Are you still doing that?" Faith chirped in as she pushed her way up to her friend.

"Yeah, honey," Louis joined, trying to help them out. (Name) could've sworn that at least two out of ten girls fainted.

Niall slowly backed away from the cooing and booing crowd cautiously. Slowly, the others backed away from the crowd and ran over to the table.

"What took you guys so long?" Harry asked, grabbing his blue jacket. (Name) quickly put five dollars on the table and took Harry's hand. His face heated up at the feel of her skin.

"We gotta get out of here!" She said, dragging him away from the table with the others following.

She dragged him out of the reastraunt and quickly climbed into Louis' car. The others followed her lead.

Louis put the key in the ignition and left the parking lot. "Where are we going?" Liam asked.

"The orphanage," (Name) mumbled quietly. The others exchanged confused glances. "Faith told me that the girl that pushed me was an orphan. I wanna get Louis to adopt her."

"What? Why me?" Louis asked, looking away from the road.

"Keep your eyes on the road, please. And because you're eighteen. I can't adopt yet," (Name) explained.

"Why do you wanna adopt her?" Niall asked. (Name) looked out the window, silence filling her vocal cords.

"Oh," Faith whispered. (Name) nodded at her. "(Name) and Jaeyleanna were orphans till a few years ago, when their mum adopted her and Jay."

The boys went silent. They never knew that. (Name) stayed silent through the car ride. A few minutes later, Louis parked the car in front of the orphanage that the girl was in.

"Only me, Louis, and Niall," (Name) said as she opened the car door. Louis and Niall did the same and shut the door behind them.

(Name) opened the orphanage door, "Home sweet home."

The orphans were sitting around the dining room table, eating in silence. No one seemed to notice them. (Name) around for the girls face. No luck.

There were two empty chairs at the table. (Name) knew that she had to be here.

A ten year old finished her lunch and looked up. She smiled widely, her bright green eyes twinkling with joy. She quickly stood up and ran over to (Name), Niall, and Louis. She rapped her arms around (Name) happily, "I can't believe you are here!"

(Name) chuckled and knelt down slightly so she was the same size as the young ten year old. (Name) adjusted the girls red hair away from her eyes, "Hey, Allyson! How's my favorite strawberry?"

She laughed slightly, "No one calls me that anymore." Allyson looked at the two boys and her eyes widened. She started breathing heavily, "Oh my god..."

(Name) chuckled and put a finger to her lips. Allyson nodded and took a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm down. She looked back at (Name), "What are you doing back here?"

"Have you been looking on the news lately?" (Name) told her small friend. She shook her head no. "I was pushed off a bridge on accident by someone. She is about seventeen--"

She was cut off by a scream. Not a fan girl scream, but one when you are in pain. Allyson looked up the old stairs sadly, "Then you're looking for Cassidy. Miss Holfrey has been yelling and hitting her all week."

(Name) looked away from Allyson and to the stairs with anger. She jerked up, ready to drag Miss Holfrey off of Cassidy, but another scream stopped her.

Louis put a hand on her shoulder, as if saying 'I got your back'. She snapped out of her trance and marched towards the rickety steps, Louis and Niall following close behind. Allyson ran back to the table to talk with her friends.

(Name) ran up the steps, against a strict rule from Miss Holfrey. Sobs and pleads came from the farthest door in the hallway. (Name) quickly pulled out her phone and was ready to call the cops.

She and the two lads hurried to the closed door. (Name) tried opening the door, but it was locked. "Allyson, if that's you again, you're next," An angered female voice yelled to the door.

(Name) had anger bubble inside her. From both the memory's and the sound of Allyson's name. She stepped back from the door and handed her phone to Niall, "Call the cops."

He nodded and the phone started ringing. (Name) took a deep breath through clenched teeth before ramming herself into the door. The old hinges couldn't handle the impact, and the door fell to the ground. In the room, old Miss Holfrey was smacking the girl from the bridge with all her might.