Bonus Chapter: The Wedding Anniverary

*Brad's POV*

"It's funny, Marissa. You said I'd never make it. You said we'd never succeed but look how far we've come." I spoke, over Skype to my old friend (kinda.)

"Fair enough, Simpson. Fair enough. I'm happy for you. You really did make it."

"I'll talk to you later," I smiled, eyeing Parker enter the room.

"Father, dearest. You do know what today is. Don't you?"

"Of course, it's Thursday. Someone's slow today." I stood, placing my laptop on the sofa and walking into the kitchen, "It's also your wedding anniversary, papi."

"Please, never call me Papi. And my wedding anniversary is November. Idiot." Parker let out an irritable laugh, "September is the ninth month, right? If you add nine months until September, you get June. Pheeb's birthday. Huzzah. You've done gone fucked up, daddy."

"Never call me daddy either." I frowned, Park nodded, "I'll save it for the bedroom."

"It's today, Dad. Now you realise that you're even slower than a goat, I'm gonna go shower. I stopped in my tracks, "Shit." I ran out the door and down the path to the car, speeding away to the shopping centre.

Today was going to be a mess.

I ran throughout the different shops, grabbing random items and gift wrap.

After successfully managing to grab what I hopefully needed, I drove home.

Park was sitting on the sofa, watching some Netflix show or something, and laughed when I walked past.

"Any other insults you want to throw at me?" I raised an eyebrow at Park while walking through to the kitchen, "Cut your hair. You look like Hilary Clinton."

"Thanks."

Somehow, after many hours of trying to tidy and throwing rose petals everywhere, the room looked half-decently romantic.

I had also somehow manage to get Park to leave with Phoebe, so the house was empty.

I waited, anxiously, guitar in hand for Lace to get back.

A pizza, shower and phone call to James later, I heard the door unlock.

"ONLY ME." Eli's voice rang through the house. I stopped in my tracks and groaned, running down the stairs.

"Eli, my favourite son. It's your Mum and I's anniversary so I really need to leave so I can surprise her." He chuckled, "Whatever you say. I'm gone."

"Wait," Eli stopped, pushing his glasses up his face, "I'm your favourite son?"

"Have you met your brother? He's a right idiot, of course you are."

"I'm truly touched. And honoured and I'm leaving," He said, looking down at his watch. "Bye."

As Eli left I returned to my original spot on the end of the bed.

I sat there for a good half an hour, waiting. Nervously twiddling.

Lace's car pulled in the drive at 6:45pm, and I stood up and waited, guitar in hand.

Lace came up the stairs, and before she could say a word, I began to play a song that meant so much.

"She was the one." Lace breathed out when I finished, "Our song."

"Hello, love. Happy Anniversary."

A/N:
Another bonus chapter for their anniversary! Have a lovely day guys :)

Hope you enjoyed!
- thebreakfxstclub xo