T: “What was your reaction when Karrueche told you that Zahra and Blake were not biologically siblings?”

C: “I was shocked… it really started to destroy me slowly. I thought that Zahra was mine and then Karrueche finally had the ‘guts’ to tell me seven whole years after her birth that she wasn’t mine… I see Karrueche’s action as evil. But Zahra and I are still close and hopefully she sees me as her father even if I’m not by blood.

T: “Do you and Karrueche not get on?”

C: “I don’t talk to her much. We try and get on for Zahra’s sake but if it wasn’t for Zahra then we probably wouldn’t have any contact with each other. It’s just one of those things.”

T: “Does Zahra have a good relationship with her Mom?”

C: “Not really. But they do love each other, yeah. It’s always been the two of them living together ever since Zahra was born so their bond is strong… they usually don’t see eye to eye though and I think that’s where their relationship deteriorates.”

T: “Speaking of deteriorating relationships… I hear you and Kerry are going through a rocky patch?”

C: “I don’t want to talk about that. I’m cool with being open with the other stuff but I’d like to keep Kerry and I’s current situation private.”

T: “So are you suggesting that -”

C: “No comment. I’m not talking about it… it’s not what I signed up to talk about.”

T: “Moving swiftly on. Do you think either Blake or Zahra will begin a career in music?”

C: “I haven’t heard Zahra sing but Blake’s voice is really good. Yeah, I suppose I can see him going down that route.”

T: “Would you be his manager?”

C: “If he asked me, yeah. But I’d do what he wanted to do; I wouldn’t try and imitate the career I had. Anyway, Blake’s told me before that he doesn’t want to be in the spotlight and that’s not for him.”

T: *singing* “Oh the spotlight, is not for me…”

C: *singing* “I close my eyes and imagine I’m home.”

The audience clapped and cheered.

T: “You’ve still got it, Chris.”

C: “No, I’m rusty these days. I’m definitely not as good as I used to be.”

T: “Well I think you’ve still got it! Anyway, I was thinking about talking about your tattoos.”

C: “Oh. OK.”

T: “Do you regret getting them?”

C: “I don’t regret them… but I do wonder what I was thinking when I got them. Soon I’ll most probably be a grandfather and you know, it’s not exactly great that I’ve got all this ink on my arms. But my tattoos don’t really bother me personally.”

- ZAHRA’S POV

I woke up a while later to Mom screaming at me and shaking me violently.

“ZAHRA! DON’T YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!”

“What the fuck is going on?” I murmured.

She shoved my phone in my face. “WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!”

I squinted my reluctantly open eyes and saw that my phone’s screen had Blake and I’s messages displayed on it. “You’ve been on my fucking phone?”

“I’M YOUR MOTHER… I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO!” Mom yelled. “NOT THAT YOU HAVE A FUCKING CLUE HOW FAMILY WORKS BECAUSE BLAKE IS LIKE YOUR FUCKING BROTHER!”

My heart was pounding; it was ready to burst through my body and shatter into a million pieces. I didn’t think Mom would find out this way - and what a bitch she was for going on MY fucking phone without my permission… after all, I had paid for my phone and contract with my own money.

“Yeah, LIKE my brother,” I replied. “Blake’s not really my brother.”

“BUT YOU GREW UP TOGETHER! CHRIS SEES THE TWO OF YOU AS HIS BABIES AND YOU KNOW THAT!”

“Since when have you given a fuck about Chris? AND SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU GIVEN A FUCK ABOUT ME? OR BLAKE?” I shouted. “YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF!”

Silence swept through the room like a cold wind, stopping either one of us from saying anything for a few seconds. We both retrieved our composures and the volume drop was noticeable when Mom spoke again.

“The two of us are moving to Vietnam. I’m not having you fucking your brother anymore.”

“Vietnam?” I choked.

“Yeah, Vietnam. And since you’re not 18 yet, you have no choice but to oblige.”

Tears started running down my cheeks. “You bitch.”

Mom walked out of my bedroom and slammed the door shut. I text Blake straightaway.

Z: ‘Blake, mom’s making me move to vietnam with her… help xxx’

B: ‘WTF? Vietnam? Xxx’

Z: ‘Yeah, fml ik. it’s cos she went on my phone & she saw our convo… xxx’

B: ‘Oh shit… shit shit. Can’t you try and persuade her to stay here? Xxxx’

Z: ‘Do u know my mom, lol? she’s not gonna change her mind xxx’

I didn’t get another reply from Blake - maybe he was too upset. 

----------------------------------------------

What do you think? TELL ME. ;)

And please vote if you enjoyed - thanks. ♥