~Forty Three~

"Frederick, come on, man, we've been sitting in this car staring at this house for the past ten minutes, we have to get out at some point."

            I looked over at my brother sitting in the passenger seat and looked back at the white house with the disgustingly ugly brown colored door and took a deep breath, releasing it a second later while I tightened the hold I had on the steering wheel of the vehicle.

             "Your daughter is in this house waiting for you." My brother spoke again and this time, I nodded, laughing nervously, feeling beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

          I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to amass whatever courage I had in me. "I'm....scared," I started, finally getting out what had been going through me since I received the address to this destination. I looked back at my brother and sighed, might as well get it all out now.

         "Michael, I'm scared." I told him again. "I've been waiting for this moment for so long and now that it might actually happen, I'm scared to walk out of this vehicle and realize that we came all this way for nothing because they've lied once again. I don't know if I would be able to handle this. I am at my breaking point, hanging on by the tiny thread of hope that I would be able to find my daughter and hold her in my arms for the first time. This moment right here is all I got, because the second I step out of this vehicle and knock on this door, everything will change. Whether the baby is in there or not, nothing will be the same; not for me at least."

           This was it, there was no going back. Inside this house was my daughter and finally, after all we've all been through at the hand of Karlie and Dexter, we were finally going to enjoy a little happiness that we incredibly needed and so deserved.

           After two weeks of searching and searching, obsessing over where she could have possibly been, going mad because we couldn't find her, We were finally about to have her and bring her home with us where she belonged, with her family, with Eva who so desperately needed to know that her child was safe.

          This child was the key to bringing back the love of my life, the mother of my child. She would be her mother's saving grace, something I unfortunately couldn't be.

          Michael was staring at me, his face bland, expressionless, showing absolutely no true emotions  for a moment until suddenly he opened his mouth and spoke. "Get out of the car, we are going to get that child back because I don't know about you, but I need to see my niece." His face, the picture of pure determination as he said those words before pulling on the door handle and pushing it wide open. He stared at me; "so, you're coming or do I have to do this alone, because either way, she's coming home with us today, there's no second guessing that. It's time for her to be with her family."

           I was smiling brightly by the end of his sentence and shook my head slightly as I opened the door and stepped out of the vehicle. My brother and I made eye contact, nodded at one another and finally stepped over the curve and started moving towards the single story, decent looking house with the atrocious colored door.

           "Let's get your daughter back." I heard coming from Michael while we walked towards the house.

___________________

          That door was even more repulsive looking when standing this close to it. I grimaced while staring at it and debated for just a fraction of a second if I actually wanted to touch it but then got over it pretty quickly, knocking rather gently a few times on the door as not to alarm whomever was inside because our main focus was to get inside that house and make sure the baby was alright before anything else. We needed whomever that was inside the house to willingly open the door for us.