9- It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's An Angel!

ابدأ من البداية

There wasn't one. It was a backless dress, aside from two small straps and the wings. I had never worn something so revealing before. Even the sides had small triangles cut out, revealing my waist.

Anyway, here I stood, at seven O'clock on the dot, face pressed against the mirror, glue filming my fingers as I struggled to get a grasp on a pair of fluffy black eyelashes, with one inch artificial nails protruding out of my fingers like talons.

I looked more like a bird, than I did an angel. Sighing I finally situate the lashes onto my lash line and blink. I pull my face back as I survey my appearance. I had a light blush on my cheeks and some shiny golden eyeshadow. It had taken me two full hours to search YouTube for some makeup tutorials, before deciding on a look that almost failed.

Giving my hair a flip I stepped up to my cabinet and pulled out my favorite perfume. Spritzing some on my wrists and my head I put it back and exited into my bedroom. I had everything ready. I looked like a million bucks, now I smelled like it too.

I felt like I was ready to rock the red carpet. I had never put this much into my appearance before. I felt... pretty. I felt like I was ready to face anything. The doorbell rang.

Except for Kyan.

I couldn't go down there looking like this. With his sultry eyes roaming my body like a good book. Suddenly I felt nervous as a thousand thoughts crashed into my mind like a tidal wave.

Was this a date? I've never been on a date before. Should I give him something? Was I supposed to do something special? Should I expect to be kissed tonight? What if this isn't a date? Should I brush my teeth?

Shaking my head, I chide myself for such foolishness. I plant my foot into the shoes and wrap the ribbons around my legs and ankles. Tying them securely I grabbed my phone and lanyard off the desk and head for my door.

Taking one last side glance in my full body mirror, that hung on the back of my door, I twisted the knob and walked out. A cool burst of air hit my legs as I panicked again.

Did I shave my legs?! Every girls' nightmare is going out looking like she's worth the same amount as a Rolex and having legs hairier than Opera's head.

Brushing a hand discreetly across my leg as I let out a breath of relief. As smooth as Vin Diesels head. I cracked a smile on my lips as I stepped down the stairs. The doorbell rang again. Yeesh, was Kyan impatient or what?

I twisted the knob and pulled open the door. The lamp from outside was bright on my poor eyes as I squinted to see Kyan. And boy did I see Kyan...

There he stood. Clad in an olive green tank top, skin tight around his torso, silver dog tags hanging from his neck. Black aviators framing his face and hiding his sleeping blue eyes from me. He wears tan and dark green camo pants, baggy all around and tucked into his scuffed combat boots.

He leans with his shoulder against the beam of the house, as he raises his head to look at me. Jerking, he moves his body from the beam as he takes his sunglasses off, his blue eyes studying me like a map.

His gaze goes from my feet, ever so uncomfortably slowly up to my legs, resting briefly on my torso, before trailing his way up my neck and resting on my face. He squints his eyes as he studies every feature of my face before matching his stare with my pale green one.

A low smile sweeps across his face as he takes slow strides towards me. I feel my heart pound in my chest, I feel my eyes glance down, to see if he could see my heart pounding through my chest. I felt a lump in my throat as he raised his hand.