Best Party Of 2016

Începe de la început

"Want a Jell-O shot?" I asked and she nodded.

I open the fridge and grappled two of the little plastic cups and handed one to her.

"Have you given any more thought to LA?" She asked before we clinked our cups and tipping back the Jell-O.

A months ago, I applied for an internship in Los Angeles for photography. About a week ago, I received a letter from that internship congratulating me on my acceptance.

However, I'm kind of having a change of heart. Everyone I've asked say that I should take it but I'm not so sure anymore.

"Some." I nodded. "But I don't think I'm going to take it." I shrugged.

She gave me a sideways glance and I handed her another Jell-O shot.

"Is this because of Jason?" She asked and I frowned.

"Are you staying because you want to try to fix things between you two this summer?" She asked and I nodded in understanding.

"No, as much as I love Jason, I wouldn't just put my life on hold just to sit on my butt all summer." I told her with a sad smile.

"Then why aren't you going?"

"If you haven't noticed, this year has not been easy on me. I've had so many changes and I barely kept up with all of them." I told her and she nodded. "And a lot of them haven't even arrived yet." I told her.

"So going away for an entire summer is just not a good idea. Maybe next summer." I told her and she nodded.

"This year kinda sucked for you didn't it?." She asked and I let out a laugh.

"Ya think?" I replied sarcastically.

"But that's all going to change because I think our first party guests are here." She stated and I grinned.

***

"Okay, but are you actually going to do it?" I asked Maddie and she gave me a smile.

"Sure, why not." She replied and the people around her started cheering.

"Please don't expect me to break the record. I haven't done a keg stand since literally freshman year."

"And you hold the record for the longest in the world." Tyler stated as he held her out of the lake.

"Definitely not the world." I rolled my eyes.

Maddie grabbed her jean shorts and slipped them on before we made our way inside followed by over half of the party.

"I'm going to record this so I can show it to your children and grandchildren." I told her with a smile as she pulled her hair up.

"Just don't put it on social media, I'd like to be able to get a job in my future." She stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Where's Jason?" Katie asked as she took out her phone for a timer.

"I don't know if he's here." I shrugged.

Haven't seen him if he is.

"Oh."

"Okay babe, you ready?" Tyler asked Maddie and she nodded.

"Although I can do a handstand, I need someone to hold me up."

Tyler came by her side and I got my camera ready.

"On your mark, get set." Katie counted down and Maddie positioned herself.

"Go!"

The crowd that had formed in the kitchen started cheering and I pressed record on my camera.