Female Dog

Casey

Maddie gave me a weird look as she stands to hug mystery boy.

"Hey, Jason." She gives him a friendly hug and I gave her a confused look. It wasn't her flirty hugs. Didn't she just call him a hotty alert?

"Hey, Maddie." He greeted and again, my eyes narrowed in confusion. If he calls her by her nickname, then they know each other pretty well.

Mystery guy or rather Jason turns to me and says.

"Elevator girl." He greeted with a smirk.

"So you guys do know each other?" Maddie asked

As I say no Jason says

"Sort of" and I glared at him, but he just smirked again.

"We met on the elevator of my dad's apartment." He continued

"Well since you guys know each other, would you like to join us?" Maddie said making sure to look at Jason the whole time.

Oh no, she didn't. She knows I don't do well with new people! I make snarky remarks whenever I'm nervous, so it sounds like I'm rude.

"I'm sure Jason is busy." I look up at Jason with a smile. No offense dude but I would like to enjoy my salad without feeling the need to be polite. But of course, I didn't say that out loud.

"Actually, I just finished with football practice. I would love to join you. Just let me go order. " He smirked one last time then turned and walked to the order desk.

"Before you say anything, I have a good reason," Maddie said finally sitting back down.

"Yea? What could that possibly be?"

"Jason is really hot." She stated with a small smile.

"You know who else is hot?" I asked my eyes boring into hers. "Satan is hot Maddie, but you don't see me asking him to join me for a salad."

"Don't be a Debby Downer." She pouted and I close my eyes slowly. I think the Advil has stopped working.

"Are you trying to set me up with Jason?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Haha no, he doesn't do relationships." She shook head slightly. "I just thought that maybe once he met you he would find you awesome and invite us to his back to school party next weekend."

"You could have at least asked for my permission." I mumble taking a bite of salad.

"Are you mad?" she asked in a small voice.

"Not really, just next time don't sell me just so you can party."

"Well, when you say it that way it makes me feel like a shitty friend. I'm sorry. "

"It's fine, I actually wanna party. It's been a while unless you call visit days at the clinic a party." I smiled before taking a bite of my salad. As I chewed,I snuck a glance at Jason. He was leaning on the counter staring down at his phone. His shirt rose just a little bit and I was able to see just a little patch of skin between his shirt and his Calvin Klein underwear.

For some unknown reason, that just added five points to his attractiveness.

He must have noticed me staring at him because he looks up and made eye contact with me and smirks.

I'm beginning to not like smirks.

"Casey?" Maddie's voice broke into my thoughts.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" She frowned