Christopher Danes

Three updates in one week 😱.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christopher's POV

"And you're sure you want to stay there?" My father asked over the phone.

"Yes I'm sure. I don't want to do another transition in the middle of a semester, especially since it's my last semester." I told him as I pulled in to White Willow General Hospital.

"Okay, if that's what you wish." He replied before hanging up the phone.

No goodbyes, no I love you. Or even a fucking are you okay.

But that's just how my father is and at this point in my life I'm used to it.

I parked the car and let out a sigh before stepping out.

I grabbed the letter in my passenger's seat before stepping out.

If Casey decides she wants nothing to do with me- and I wouldn't blame her if she did, I wrote everything down that I needed to tell her in this letter.

I made my way inside and stopped in front of the gift shop.

Am I suppose to bring her something? I mean, she's basically in here because of me.

No, I'll be trying too hard. Shaking my head, I walked away from the gift shop.

I walked towards her room and wrinkled my nosed at the hospital scent.

It smells like there's something hidden in these halls. Like the janitors spend hours upon hours, trying to scrub away the sicknesses and deaths that happen here.

Disturbed, I let out a sigh and eased towards Casey's room.

I knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in." Her voice called from inside.

I let out a breathe and opened the door but stayed in the doorway. Chances are, she's going to kick me out anyways.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded from her hospital bed with a frown.

She's not angry, so that's good?

"I wanted to talk to you." I requested and her frown deepened.

"About?"

I raised a surprised eyebrow at her before clearing my throat.

"I wanted-"

"Don't step forward." She held her hand out when I took a step into the room.

"My bad."

"What do you want?" She asked again.

"I don't really know where to start." I shrugged and she rolled her eyes.

"I guess I should apologize first." I stated lamely.

"I guess you should." She replied.