Snow Day

I was gonna update last night but I fell asleep 🙈. But here you go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think this might be the last snow day for the winter season." I told Jason as I looked behind us in the rear view mirror.

"I think you're right." He nodded and I turned around to look behind us.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I asked and I turned around.

"Nothing, I'm being stupid." I shook my head.

There's no one following us.

"Being afraid isn't stupid." He said looking in his rear view mirror. "But at the moment, there's nothing to be afraid of." He added before kissing the back of my hand.

I gave him a slight nod. "Who else is going to be there?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Probably the usual. Not sure if Tyler will bring Henry or not." He shrugged.

"If not, we should go pick him up. Because one, Lizzie would love that and two; who doesn't want to go sledding on a snow day?" I asked and he nodded.

"Text Ty and ask him if he'll come." He pointed to his phone.

"Do I have too?" I asked in slight disgust and Jason gave me an annoyed look.

"Okay, I am kidding." I smiled before grabbing his phone.

As I texted Tyler Jason pulled in front of his father's bigger than life house and placed the car in park.

"I'll be back." He said and before I could say anything he was jogging towards the door.

Rude. What if I wanted to go inside? I mean, I don't but what if I did?

But I didn't dwell on it very much because just a few Jason and Lizzie came walking out.

"Hi Casey." Lizzie greeted as she climbed in the back.

"Hey Liz." I smiled at her before looking at Jason.

"Tyler said he would be there." I rolled my eyes and he nodded before taking the car off park.

"Let's go sledding!" Lizzie announced and I smiled before cheering with her.

*

"Look." Maddie squeaked before pointing to Lizzie and Henry.

"Henry!" Jason called out to him and Henry quickly dropped Lizzie's hand.

"Leave them alone." I scolded at him and he looked at me.

"They're eleven." He shot back.

"Exactly and they have an innocent crush on each other. Don't be mean."

"Don't tell me what to do." He said and I rolled my eyes at him.

I took a step back and he turned his attention back to Lizzie and Henry who were now standing a good distance from one another. While his attention was on them, I picked up some snow and turned it into a ball before aiming it right at his chest.