Boyfriends and Apple Cider

"Are you ready to eat some turkey?" I said with excitement when Jason opened the door for me to go into his apartment.

"I am." Lizzie said with excitement.

"Good, because we are going to eat our weight in turkey. We're gonna eat so much turkey we won't be able to get up from our seats." I smiled. I looked over at Jason and he had a smile on his face.

"Are you ready?" I asked him.

"I'm ready." He nodded.

"Then let's go." I said with excitement.

"You really like turkey." Lizzie laughed before standing up on her crutches.

"Turkey's okay, but what I'm really excited about is the mac and cheese that's going to be there."

"What kind of Mac and cheese?" Jason asked as we made our way out of the apartment.

"The box kind." I answered.

"That's our favorite." Lizzie answered and I smiled.

"Although I love all types of Mac and cheese, the box kind is the best." I answered.

"I think it has something to do with the fake powdered cheese." Jason added and I laughed.

"Probably."

*

"Shit, was I suppose to bring something to share?" Jason asked quietly with wide eyes.

"No, because my mom cooks for an army on thanksgiving." I told him and he let out a sigh of relief. I let out a small laugh and opened the door to my parent's house. Before I could call out her name, mom came barging through kitchen and into the foyer.

"Hey mom." I smiled. Things are still kind of rocky between us since last weeks therapy session. Yesterday didn't help either. There was actually quite a lot of yelling yesterday in Dr. Melvin's office.

"Hey." She greeted back embracing me in a small hug. Even if things are rocky between us I still miss her motherly hugs.

Much to my dislike, our hug didn't last hug.

"Mom you know Jason, and this her little sister Lizzie." I said introducing the two.

"Nice to see you again Mrs Manning." Jason greeted. Mom wrapped him in a hug and I stifle a laugh at his surprised expression.

Mom pulled away and smiled at Lizzie before wrapping her in a hug.

"I see that you're still very happy." I smiled. Mom laughed and nodded. She led us to the living room.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked before plopping down on the couch next to Lizzie. I don't really want to help, but it's nice to ask.

"No, I just need to put the pie in the oven and take out the turkey." She smiled and I nodded. Someone knocked on the door and I frowned. I don't realize someone else was joining us.