Breakfast (Minseoks POV)

I woke up with a headache like every other day. I would stay up every single night until maybe four in the morning watching videos online or just reading, which always hurt my head when I woke up from my minimum hours of sleep because I don't get enough of it. 

I think I woke up at an alright time today because I could still hear my mom and dad getting ready for work, meaning they were still home. 

I got out of my bedroom and went into the living room where my mom was making breakfast in the kitchen and my dad was trying to fix his tie for the suit he was wearing in a small mirror which was near the front door. 

"Morning" I say in a small voice, walking up to my mom and standing beside her. Like expected no response, like I'm talking to a wall. I think she declared me as some sort of wall ever since she saw how fat I was compared to everyone else. 

Well...she didn't treat me as a complete brick wall. She still made me meals and made sure I was doing well in school, but she wouldn't talk to me or even look at me. When she did look at me, it was always this look of disappointment with a frown on her face. 

Same thing goes for my dad, they're both always looking at me with some sort of disappointment in their eyes. 

I sat down at the table where my mom was eventually going to bring the breakfast to since she wasn't going to start a conversation with me. My dad walked into the room after perfecting his tie. "Morning" I say as he passed by me but like expected, no response.

I slumped over in my chair and just looked down at the empty table in front of me. I'm not close to my parents anyway so I don't care that they ignore me, but it'd be nice to have a response for once, instead of making me feel like I'm talking to myself. I think it'll make me go crazy!

My mom set down the plate of food in front of me for breakfast before walking away from the kitchen table and going into her bedroom to get ready for work. 

My dad took his own plate of food and brought it to the living room so he could eat while sitting in front of the TV. So he doesn't even want to sit at the same table as me to eat either? 

I looked down at the food in front of me and my stomach started to turn. I don't think I feel like eating anything after all. 

I lightly pushed the plate of food away from myself and stood up from the table, walking back into my bedroom and getting ready for school. 

I put my uniform on which was a bit tight around the waist, but it's not anything I couldn't handle. I then went into the washroom where I washed my face and brushed my teeth. After brushing my teeth I did my hair, trying to style it the best I could but I knew it would get ruined during the middle of the day. 

I left the washroom after I was done fixing my hair and my mom was waiting outside the washroom, I guess for me to finish up. She couldn't even tell me to hurry up or anything. 

When I passed by my bedroom once again, I grabbed my backpack and then went to the front door to put my shoes on. 

"I'm leaving now" I call out before standing up and putting my hand on the doorknob to open the door, but no response. I then left the house and went to the elevator to get to the lobby since I live in an apartment. 

I got into the elevator and pushed the button to the lobby floor since I live on the fifteenth floor. On the way down it stopped at the ninth floor where two woman got onto the elevator as well. They didn't look Korean, I was right when I heard them speaking. They're Chinese. 

They started talking among each other in Chinese and I could kind of understand some of what they were saying since I study Chinese on my own time. I'm trying to learn Chinese and English, just so that I'm bilingual.