Chapter 77 -Turn For The Worse

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna go to the toilet, I'll be back shortly" Joe says and goes. I just continue to watch Charlie while holding her hand, praying to god that she'll wake up soon, it's been a month now.

"Hey Zak, how's she doing?" Caleb asks as he enters.

"No change yet bro" I say.

"I've just got back from an RTC" He says sitting where Joe was.

"Oh right, everyone ok?" I ask.

"Well, most were just in shock, but the driver of a car had to be cut out, he's critical" He says.

"Did that accident cause a traffic jam?" I ask.

"Yeah, quite bad traffic" He says.

"I was sat in that traffic for an hour, then I took a shortcut" I say.

"Oh right, well, it involved a lorry so, it was gonna take a while" He says. "Anyway, you're looking better, haircut and whatnot" He says.

"Thanks" I say. Suddenly Charlie's heart monitor starts beeping. "Why is that happening?" I ask.

"I'm not sure" He says and gets up, he checks her pulse. "She's tachy" He says.

"Is that a good thing?" I ask. And then the monitor flat lines. He checks her pulse again. "Caleb what's going on?" I ask panicking.

"Zak, she's arrested" He says and drops her bed down, he presses a button on the wall and starts CPR.

"Please Caleb, get her back" I say as my eyes start watering, please Charlie, come back to us, don't die now!

"I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE PLEASE!" Caleb shouts as he does CPR on her. Two doctors come running in.

"Caleb, let me take over" The female doctor says.

"No, I'm fine, I've got this" He says as he keeps going.

"Caleb, please" I say as I put my hands through my hair and keep them at the bad of my head as tear fall down my cheeks.

"Sir, you're going to have to leave" The female doctor says.

"No way! I am not leaving my daughter, she needs me, just do what you can to help her" I say.

"Sir!" She says in a demanding tone.

"He stays" Caleb says as he continues CPR.

"Ok fine, but if she doesn't make it-" She says.

"You can't say that, he's still doing compressions on her" I point out as I get frustrated with her. They get the defibrillator out and ready.

"Zak, we're going to try and shock her heart to beat again" Caleb says as he does CPR.

"Ok, clear" The lady says. Caleb stops. "And shocking" She says and Charlie jolts.

"Continuing CPR" Caleb says as he carries on. They shock her two more times nefore they give up using the defibrillator.

"Caleb, maybe we should call it" The lady says.

"No, keep going, please Caleb, don't give up on her" I say with tears going down my cheeks.

"It's Zak's call and he's said to keep going" Caleb says as he nods at me and continues compressions.

"What's going on? What happened?" Joe asks as he enters.

"She arrested Joe, we're trying to get her back" I say.

"Please don't give up on her, she's my sister, and a very much loved girl, she has so much to do and see before it's her time" Joe says.

"Zak's already said not to give up on her, so I will keep going" Caleb says. "Come on Charlie, come on sweetie, come back to us, it's not your time yet, your dad and brother are here for you right now, come on" He says as he keeps going.

"Caleb, if you stop now, you won't be giving up on her, you'll have done your best for her, you've been doing compressions for 10 minutes straight" The lady says.

"Please no, no, please don't please" I say as I cry. Caleb stops compressions and looks a little worn out, he has that look on his face of failure and guilt and he looks at me, trying to get his breath back, he slowly walks over to me.

"I'm sorry Zak, I'm so sorry" He says.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Is this the end for Charlie? Caleb couldn't save her..

What will Zak do?

How will he cope?

How will carry more guilt, Caleb or Zak?

Sorry that I didn't update last week, I had a busy weekend so i didn't get a chance to update anything.. I hope you 'like' this, please let me know what you think of the chapter!

It has literally taken me hours to type this, I started at 4pm, it's now 21:38pm, although I haven't been typing the whole time, I had my dinner and stuff but yeah haha.

I shall do my best to update this next weekend and not the weekend after!! Thank you so much for reading this and being patient for each chapter! You guys are amazing!! IF YOU DON'T ALREADY, FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAMS, GAOBSSESSED AND SARAH_ROGERS_NCIS_GA, FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME ON EITHER OF THEM! I POST ON THEM PRETTY MUCH EVERYDAY AND IT'S ALL GHOST ADVENTURES RELATED, OTHER THAN MY MAIN ACCOUNT (THE SECOND ACCOUNT LISTED) WHICH HAS EVERYTHING ON IT, TO GA, NCIS, AND MY PERSONAL LIFE!

Stay well and healthy, stay safe, and I'll hopefully have another update next weekend! Bye for now! :)