Chapter 77 -Turn For The Worse

Start from the beginning

"But at least you did find her though" He says.

"Exactly, like I said I'm just terrified that she won't pull through" I say.

"I'm sure she will, I'll let you style your hair how you have it but it is fixed and looking great" He says putting some product into my hair. He un-preps me and I sort my hair out, I pay him and get back to my car. I decide to give Joe a call and see how things are.

"Hey Zak" He answers.

"Hey man, just quickly calling to see how things are" I say as I start the engine but I don't start driving.

"Everything is the same as when you left Zak" He says.

"Ok, well I'm on my way back now, I've showered, shaved and had my hair cut, I'm no longer living in a hat anymore, for now" I say.

"Ok cool, I'll see you soon then" He says.

"Yep, will do man" I say and we hang up, I put my phone in it's holder on its blue-tooth just in case, and I drive back to the hospital. I get stuck in traffic, I see an ambulance, the cops and a fire engine drive past me, there must have been an accident up ahead, after about 45 minutes of waiting in the traffic, in the same spot, we start slowly moving again. Come on! I need to get back to Charlie. My phone starts ringing just as I stop again.

"Zak?" I hear as I answer.

"Hey dude" I answer.

"Where are you? You said you were on your way back nearly an hour ago" Joe says.

"I know, and I am, I'm just stuck in traffic, there's been an accident somewhere ahead of me" I say.

"Oh right, as long as you're ok, I just didn't know whether you were in trouble or asleep or something" He says.

"No I'm fine Joe, thanks though" I say. "Is there an update on Charlie?" I ask.

"No, just the docs come in and check on her, the usual, Caleb popped in on his break and said he'll be back after his shift cause he got a call" He says.

"Fair enough, just keep an eye on her man, I'm gonna take a shortcut away from this accident, I'll hopefully be there soon" I say.

"Ok, see you soon then, bye" He says and we hang up. God dammit! Do I know a shortcut? Yes I do, but I need to get a little further down the road. After another 6 minute wait, I move far enough to get to the shortcut road away from the accident. I continue driving until I get to the hospital, I go back up to Charlie and find Joe sat where I usually sit.

"Hey Joe, finally here" I say and glance at Charlie.

"That's great, you look like Zak Bagans again with your haircut and facial hair put right" He says.

"Thanks, I feel like me again, but I won't be complete until this one wakes up" I say looking at Charlie, still in a coma with a tube down her throat.

"She will Zak, it's just the waiting game" He says.

"But what if she doesn't?" I ask.

"You can't think like that, she wouldn't want you to" He says.

"I know, but I just can't help think it" I say.

"I know what you mean, but try not to think about it too much, it'll only put you down even more than you are" He says. I take a seat and hold Charlie's hand.

"I'm here Charlie, I'm not leaving you for this long again, I just went to clean myself up, haircut, beard trim and a shower" I say to her, I get up and kiss her on the forehead.