Chapter 22

Taylor's P.O.V: The next day

"Why would he try to kiss me?!" I ask as I nibble on a banana. 

"Because he likes you?" Natalia says, her back facing me.

"What's so bad about it?" she asks, facing me. 

"I don't!......" I trail off raking my hairs through my hair. I stop and settle my head into my hands.

"Taylor?" I now feel her warm presence beside me.

"I just can't"

"You can't what?"

"Him!! He wants so much from me. He wants me to love him, but I can't. I can't love him and keep him safe!" I yell more frustrated. 

"Yes you can! You can love him all you want. Look at me!" she pulls my hands away from myself. "Go to him! Tell him how you feel" she whispers, her dark brown eyes going soft. I nod my head and push my chair out. 

"Where are the keys?" I ask.

She smiles, opens a cabinet and she toss' the keys at me. 

"Thanks!" I say running out the front door, into the bright morning sun. I open the door and drive quickly to his apartment. 

*****************************

I knock on his door a nervous wreck, what am I going to say?

I like you: NO!

I think we should be together: NO! NO!

His red apartment door swung open and the first thing I notice is his bare chest. His eyes darting into my mine. I walk forward and hesitantly touch his broad chest pushing him out of the way. 

"Jordan" I say, my voice coming out scratchy. I clear my throat as he closed his door. I raked my hands through my tangled hair many times. 

"I have- I have to tell you something. I need you to listen." I whisper. Then surprisingly I feel him firm hands on my waist, turning me towards him. 

"I'm always listening...." he says his minty breath blowing in my face. I just stare up at him as his hands drop from my waist. 

"I THINK! I said I think! I- I haven't been- I haven't been completely honest with you. Or myself for that matter"

"About what?" his eyes scrutinize my face.

"Us! Me!" my hands are back in my hair. 

"I'm lost" he smiles.

"I-........"

"Yes?" he presses.

"I like you! And I'm confused because I wanna be with you, but I can't!" I yell.

"You like me?" he says stepping closer. I back away.

"Yes? Yes! I think." I smile, slightly. 

"But!" I interrupt him before he even begins to speak, "I think we should take things slow, because I'm new at this. As in dating."

"Right" he agrees still coming at me.

"Definitely just keep things calm, and mellow"

"I totally agree" he says as I bump into the kitchen counter.

He smirks. He finally reaches me and I feel his warmth. I stare up at his beautiful face and then at his shirtless chest. He then looks at me hesitantly and then leans in just how he did at the mall yesterday. I watch as his lips go in slow motion towards mine. Then every thing speeds up when his soft lips touch mine. My mind went blank and all I could do is hold my breath and at least try to control my rapid heart beat. 

His big hands wrap around my waist and my breath hitches. Neither of us were prepared for my reaction to his touch. My arms quickly wrapped around his neck and my left hand touched his chest. A low growl escaped his throat. 

I gasped once he picked me up and sat me on the counter. My legs wrapped around his waist. I then pulled away from him and both of us were out of breath. 

"Breathe Taylor" he said laughing slightly.

"I'm- I'm trying" I say. 

"Wow!" he smiled, his eyes had a sparkle of excitement. 

"What?" I asked. Did I do something wrong?

"That was better than I'd imagined." he said. I smiled my head still down as I tried to catch my breath still.

"You imagined kissing me?" I asked surprised. 

"Everyday" he confesses. 

All I can do is smile. I can't answer or anything, just smile. 

He lifted me blushing face and kissing me once more. But not like he did 2 minutes ago, just small, sweet kisses. He started at my ear lobe and down to cheek. To my jaw and to my neck, where you would take my pulse. I shivered once he placed a kiss there. 

"Soft spot?" he murmured. 

"Um...." I shrugged to think as he kept placing kisses there. My heart my beating too fast and my head was spinning. The last time he kissed there, he licked. Slow........

"Oh God, No..." I said pushing him away softly as I thought about what the sensation would lead too. 

He chuckled and released me from his grasp. He breathed hard and walked to the other side of the counter. 

"It's cool." is all he says. 

"What is?" I ask.

"That I can have that affect on you" he smiles and jesters to my rapid breathing.

I think about that. He notices that?! Can he notice my heart beat increasing every time he touches me?

"Do I?" I continue, "Have that affect on you?" I ask, curiously.

He turns around and looks at me, "Taylor, I may not show it but I still am a man and I see you and I want to......" he shakes his head with a slight smile on his lips. 

"I gotta go" I say looking outside.

" I know" he says smiling. 

He walked me to the door and waved me goodbye, probably scared to kiss me because we wouldn't be able to stop for about 5 minutes!

As I go to bed that night I dream of nothing but the beautiful blue sky............