46 Proffer

I'll love you, dear, I'll love you

Till China and Africa meet,

And the over jumps over the mountain

And the salmon sing in the street,

I'll love you till the ocean

Is folded and hung up to dry

And the seven stars go squawking

Like geese about the sky.

~As I Walked One Evening by W.H. Auden

~~~~~~

"Darius, happy birthday." Everyone screamed loudly, laughing afterwards.

Darius smiled and thanked them.

"S how do you plan to celebrate?" Xavier asked, stealing Stella's Chocolate Sundae.

Stella whined and his her bowl with her hand.

"I am sorry, sweetheart." Xavier gave his best puppy eyes to the little girl who only huffed out at him and stuck her tongue out, earning laughs from everyone except Xavier.

"No ice cream for you, Uncle Xav." Stella ate her dessert, smiling up at him.

"What do you guys want to do? Want to have a party here or in some restaurant? Or may be any other place that you all want to visit?" Darius gave them choices and waited patiently as they all discussed among themselves.

"No going to restaurants." Alexander spoke. 

"Dad is right. I guess celebrating here will be the best, just we all unless you want to invite someone." Dove said.

"I am completely fine with that. Do you want to invite someone, Stacey?" Darius asked to which Stacey bit her lower lip, fidgeting with her thumbs. As she stayed silent, Darius frowned at her and held her hand in his, saying, "There is something on your mind, tell me."

"Uh, it is your celebration so you should choose the guests to be invited." Stacey said in soft, low voice.

"The people I want are here but I know there are people you want to be here. So just tell me, baby." Darius whispered the last sentence in Stacey's ear before pecking her temple.

"I am afraid it will ruin our family time." Stacey mumbled nervously.

Darius searched her eyes for something and his shoulders sagged down in defeat. He wrapped his arm around her waist and squeezed it lightly, muttering, "This talk is not over yet."

Stacey pecked his lips and nodded her head. Darius turned towards everyone and announced, "So it is decided that we will celebrate here only among ourselves."

"That's good." Nathan nodded his head.

Kiara yawned and Jade did the same.

"Momma, sleep." Stella mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"It's too late to be awake. We all are sleepy so let us get  to our beds."

"Jade, Antony, I will drop you off." Aaron offered, standing up and taking out the car keys from his pocket.

Kiara frowned and said, "But we have enough space for everyone and I thought you were to stay here, Aaron."

"Thank you for the offer, Kiara but we have to open the café early in the morning so we cannot stay here. Sorry but it is important. Though you can stay here, Aaron. We have brought our car." Antony said, wrapping his wife in his arms whose eyes were closing slowly.