33. Interview

There is no loneliness like that of a failed marriage.

~Alexander Theroux

~~~~~~

Important author's note at the end so please read it. Enjoy!

~~~~~~

"So ladies today is a lucky day for you all because Darius Brooks himself asked for an interview which was a shock to us as his way of dealing with media had always been next to zero. He never lets anyone interview him but today hopefully we will get to know him." Richard Street, the thirty years old interviewer smiled and winked at the camera before looking at Darius who glared at the camera with cold eyes, once again proving why no one dared to cross his path.

"So can we expect to know something about your life, Mr. Brooks or is it going to be business talks today?" Richard asked with a sly smile.

"We already discussed the matter of this interview. I am here to tell you about my engagement with Rivka Croce being off and reason behind it. Another thing I want to talk bout is the accident that took place the other day which clearly is a big profit making news for the entire media." Darius said coldly and smirked inwardly as he saw Richard's face discoloring and his hazel eyes bulging out of their sockets.

But Richard composed himself in less than a minute and gave out a nervous laugh. Nodding his head, he said, "Yes, of course we have discussed the reasons. So shall we start, Mr. Brooks?"

Darius nodded his head curtly.

"So of course it was not officially confirmed either by you or by Ms. Croce that you are no longer engaged but you must have known that other than you being hospitalized for being in an accident, the clearly visible divide between you both have been the talk of the city. Not to forget the recent accident to add to those topics, we can say it only spiced up the things. Don't you think so, Mr. Brooks?" Richard raised his eye brows once he looked up from the light brown colored question cards clutched tightly into his hands.

"Let us say one's misery is someone's joy and profit-making business like it is to you." Darius said with venom dripping from his voice which put Richard as well as the other crew members present behind the camera to shame.

Richard loosened his white tie slightly which contrasted to hi black suit and gave out a false smile that did not reach his hazel eyes and asked, "We know the engagement is off but we all are curious to know the reason behind such big step because as far as I know it was not only a wedding but it also led to the signing of the contract of your dream project." Richard emphasized your and watched Darius carefully. 

"The reason is quite simple and you know the reason already. Let us welcome here the reason herself." Darius stood up and went towards the entrance of the interview room where he offered his hand to Stacey who politely linked their hands and gave a nervous smile to Darius.

"Are you sure, Darius?" Stacey asked softly and bit her lower lip nervously, feeling all the eyes glued on them.

Darius gave her a confident, mesmerizing smile which as always took away Stacey's breath for a moment but she inhaled deeply as Darius' left arm slid around her waist and gave it a gentle squeeze. 

"I am dead serious and sure about this, Cupcake. Just relax. Now come on, let us go." Darius whispered gently and placed a kiss on her temple which was captured by the camera man.

"They are capturing our moments." Stacey said, nodding towards the crew members who hid their smiles at the open affection displayed by the playboy.