16. Trust

I stand behind you because I trust you to lead the way....

I lead the way because I know you always have my back.

~Anonymous

~~~~~~

"Think about it once again. You need to rest. Are you sure you would be able to work?" Stacey asked Darius who interlaced his fingers with hers and gave a kiss to her knuckles.

"I was getting bored at the mansion. Moreover, I need to see how much work had been done for our new projects."

"Okay but if you will feel unwell then we will leave the corporation immediately. Dr. Carlos said that your recovery pace is good but you still need to take rest and avoid as much worries as you can." Stacey said sternly.

Darius smiled, knowing that she cared about him.

"As you say mam." Darius teased Stacey who hit his arm playfully.

"We have reached, Sir." Robert said as the car halted in front of the corporation.

"What will people think when we will enter at the same time?" Stacey bit her lower lip.

"Don't you want to be seen with me?" Darius asked with insecurity as his eyes filled with sadness.

Stacey shook her head vigorously and placed a sweet kiss on his lips, saying, "Why would you even think that, baby? I want everyone to know about us but what if people will say that I am a gold digger and doing this all for your money? They will not be able to understand the truth and depth of our feelings."

Darius said, "That is true. They cannot understand the depth of our feelings, that is why their opinion is of no use. So it should not worry you, Cupcake."

He kissed her forehead and they smiled at each other.

As soon as they entered into the building, the whispering started. But everyone went silent as Darius shot them a menacing glare and put his arm around Stacey's waist, pulling her towards him.

Stacey relaxed under his touch and the whispering came back to life as soon as they stepped into the elevator.

"That was umm so different to have all the attention on me." Stacey admitted, letting out a sigh.

"But you had already gone through this at the fashion show. Remember all the eyes were fixed at you and you even faced the media?" Darius asked.

Stacey stiffened at the mention of that night. Darius hugged her and kissed her head.

"And I am so fucking proud of you, Cupcake."

Stacey smiled at him and pecked his lips. As the elevator doors opened, they heard a gasp and looked ahead. Alexia looked between both of them with wide eyes. She pointed her finger at Stacey and Darius and shook her head.

"It is just a dream, Lexi. Just a dream." Alexia closed her eyes as she muttered to herself.

"It is not a dream." Stacey laughed lightly whilst Darius stared blankly ahead.

"You two are together?" Alexia asked in hushed tone.

Stacey nodded her head and their chit chat came to an end as Nathan cleared his throat from behind.

"In the office, Darius and Stacey." He ordered and went into Darius' office, followed by the young couple.

"So when am I getting some more grandkids to play with?" Nathan asked seriously as Darius and Stacey sat across him.