13 Epilogue

"You seem happy."

Kyungsoo gazed over the bar at Baekhyun, attempting to hold in his smile, but he failed miserably. "I am," he said after a moment, fingers spinning his mostly empty glass on the wood. It was still too early in the evening for there to be many people around, but Jongin had insisted they get out of the apartment for a while and Kyungsoo couldn't really find an excuse to say no. Not when Jongin was still by his side. And he meant that completely metaphorically because Jongin was not physically by his side. In fact, he'd disappeared a little while ago and despite only momentarily having Baekhyun for company, he wasn't worried. Jongin would find him again.

"And I'm happy for you. It's about time you two got your shit straight. It was painful to watch."

Kyungsoo glared at his friend before sliding his now empty glass over the wood. "Refill."

"I'm serious," Baekhyun continued as he began mixing another drink for Kyungsoo. "When we first met I thought you were this pathetic, weak-willed little -"

"I will punch you if you finish that sentence."

"What I'm trying to say is it's nice to see you like this. You went from being pulled around by the horniest man I've ever encountered to taming him into following you around like a lost puppy." Baekhyun slid Kyungsoo's refreshed drink back to him and he took it graciously, sipping down the alcohol combination.

"Are you calling Jongin tame?"

Baekhyun's eyes flickered over Kyungsoo's shoulder and the smile dropped from his face. "Nope."

"He's doing it again, isn't he?"

"Yeah."

Kyungsoo turned on his stool, spotting Jongin not far away, chatting with a man who was clearly eating him with his eyes. And then Jongin's hand reached out and did this light brush across the man's stomach, a familiar gesture Kyungsoo had picked up on a long time ago as one of his tells. With a heavy sigh, he stood and ran fingers through his hair in exasperation.

"What are you going to do?"

"Save him from himself before I kill him."

Baekhyun's laughter trailed after him until it dissipated in the heavy beat of the music in the background. He was careful to run his eyes up and down this man disapprovingly before stopping at Jongin's side and wrapping an arm around his waist possessively. Jongin instinctively pulled him closer and Kyungsoo grinned from ear to ear, his heart picking up speed at the small action. It was nice being wanted even if Jongin did happen to lose his way from time to time.

All of Jongin's attention refocused on the man by his side, fingers running under his shirt and against skin as he leaned down to press a kiss on his lips. "Want to dance?" Kyungsoo asked the younger man, tugging lightly at his arm.

Jongin was clearly not expecting that request, but his face brightened and he nodded enthusiastically before dragging the other man away and to the dance floor. It's not everyday Kyungsoo voluntarily danced. There were only a few other couples out there, swaying side to side with drinks in their hand so none of it really could be construed as dancing. Yet Jongin didn't have a problem with placing his hands on Kyungsoo's hips and pulling him forward.

Kyungsoo made a show of it, glancing back to make sure the man was still watching them as he pulled Jongin closer with arms around his neck. "Jealous?" Jongin snickered, finally figuring out what Kyungsoo was doing.

"Claiming what's mine," he clarified before kissing Jongin boldly. And it wasn't an innocent kiss; it was full of tongue and teeth and a growl when Kyungsoo sunk his teeth into Jongin's bottom lip.