11

Kyungsoo was pretty sure it was indeed a perfectly acceptable time of day for someone to be knocking incessantly on his door, but that didn't mean he was ready for it. In fact, he was still in bed, wrapped up in his blanket like a small child because moving hurt. The banging finally stopped, but the silence was interrupted a minute later by the chime on his phone. Grumbling, he reached over to see the message, nose wrinkling at Baekhyun's texted threat of busting down the door if he didn't get his incompetent ass out of bed now.

As slight as Baekhyun was, he wouldn't put it passed him at all. It was with several mumbled curses and careful movements that he slid on a pair of pajama pants and hobbled to the door. He pressed a hand to his eyes, the skin still puffy from crying himself to sleep and blinking just made it worse. His night had been wrought with nightmares and every time he rolled, pain rushed up his back. It felt nominally better now, but he wanted desperately to get off his feet and lay down again. If he was lucky, he could get Baekhyun to leave quickly so he could go bury himself and wallow in self pity for the rest of the day.

The image of Baekhyun standing in the hall, arms crossed and hip cocked was expected. A grumpy looking Kris beside him wasn't and Kyungsoo knew it was going to be an eventful day. "If you're going to yell at me, make coffee first."

With a heavy sigh, Kris went right to the kitchen with CB on his heels while Baekhyun marched in and plopped on the couch. Kyungsoo followed the smaller man, easing himself onto the usually soft cushion slowly. He wasn't even all the way down before Baekhyun was hauling him to his feet again and he let out a whining noise to show his displeasure. "Have you looked at yourself?"

"No."

And just like that he was forced into the bathroom where he could see why Baekhyun was now pulling out a washcloth and antibacterial ointment. There wasn't much to be done about the bruises scattered across his skin, especially the clusters near his hips, but the bite situated at the junction of his neck and shoulder was bad. The skin was raised, red and puffy to match his eyes and when he rolled his shoulder, it started to sting. "Ow," he grumbled like a child.

"The two of you - I swear," Baekhyun said as he gently pressed the warm rag to his injury.

"Two?"

"I was patching up bloody trails on Jongin's back last night instead of having a nice evening with Chanyeol." Baekhyun's eyes were narrowed and Kyungsoo had the decency to look apologetic.

"He went to you?" Kyungsoo worried his bottom lip in his teeth, guilt beginning to pool in his stomach. "How was he?"

"Bloody. Trails."

That wasn't helping. "I mean. . . not physically, but . . . "

"He's a mess," the man said with a sigh. "You're both a mess and I don't know why we put up with you."

Kyungsoo looked down at his hands, fidgeting uncomfortably. He knew he'd fucked up and then managed to make it a thousand times worse with the unplanned aggressive sex yesterday. "How do I fix it?"

"It'd help if you two would talk it out and not, you know, handle your inability to function like actual people by having sex everywhere. Soo, sweetie, that's not normal."

"We've never been normal."

"You could be."

The very idea made a pleasant warmth spread through him, something that felt right and he only wished it could happen. But with everything blowing up lately, all chances of that are probably a smoldering pile of ash. "I'm pretty sure I'm the last person he wants to see."