Chapter 38

Please don't hate me for this.

Calum's pov

"Don't you think it's a really bad idea for you to date Blue?" One of our fans calls out, catching my attention. I frown and walk over to her.

"That's not really any of your business, is it?" I snap, getting protective over Blue.

The girl shrugs, "I'm not hating on her or anything. I love Blue. I just don't want anything to happen in the band if things don't work out between you two." My frown deepens.

"Nothing will happen in the band," I tell her.

"Are you sure?" She asks, "I mean, Blue is Luke's little sister. If you hurt her, then he'll constantly be mad at you for hurting his little sister. If Blue hurts you, then Luke will be torn between siding with his heartbroken best friend or his little sister. All I see is problems occuring." I think about her words for a minute, my heart sinking as I realize that she has a point. If Blue and I ever did break up then it would cause problems. A sinking feeling appears in my gut.

"Thanks for talking to me, Calum," she calls, walking away to join a group of girls. I watch her, feeling slightly confused.

~

Blue's pov

"Hey Blue," Luke greets, "what's wrong with you?"

"Just the flu. I have medicine that I have to take," I answer, feeling a little bit better than earlier. I really just wanted to go back on the bus and cuddle Flash and Calum while watching Netflix.

"That sucks. I'll be back in a minute. Ash and Michael need help with something," Luke tells me. I nod and watch as he leaves. Calum walks over right as my older brother is jogging off. I smile a little bit wider. Calum had a frown on his face.

"What's up?" I ask, smiling at my boyfriend. He avoids making eye contact with me.

"Nothing much. The show was fun. I just met a couple of fans," he explains, distracted. My smile fades.

"Calum, what's wrong?" I question, worried.

"Nothing. What did the doctor say?" Calum asks, changing the subject.

"Just the flu. I feel a little bit better now though," I reply. He nods, then goes quiet. A few moments later his mouth opens again.

"Blue, I think we should break up," Calum tells me, finally meeting my gaze. My stomach drops.

"What?" I ask, "Why?"

"I just don't think it's a good idea for us to date. Sorry," he apologizes, seeming miserable. I study his expression. It didn't seem like he really wanted to do this. But I know that none of the other boys put him up to this. He wouldn't have listened to them.

I feel a few tears slide down my cheeks, "If that's really what you want."

"Blue-" Calum starts, looking miserable. He reaches for my hand. I jerk it away.

"No. I'm done. If you want to break up, then fine," I snap, hurt. I turn and walk away from him, tears running down my cheeks. I was hoping that he'd run up and stop me.

He doesn't.