Elevator Maintenance (ZeloxYou)

A/N: I'm planning an EXO Christmas Special for you guys, to commemorate 400 followers <3 and please support my new EXO story :)

---------------

Rush hour. The worst time to get off from work in your opinion. Traffic gets jammed and it’s impossible to move anywhere with cars stuck to your side and in front. You’re blocked in, especially already running late for an appointment.

You constantly flipped your phone back and forth, checking the time as messages from the same person kept flooding in. Texts came like “Noona where are you?” to “HURRY UP AND COME NOONA!”

*Aish, i know i’m late* You mentally smacked yourself. It wasn’t your fault that you were late, but the fact that your boss wanted to hold you back for a meeting. You didn’t even have time to go back home and change into something decent.

The only thing you were able to grab was a cute scarf, and changed your uniform into a fall dress, then having to call a taxi towards the destination of the meet up with your dongsaeng. The both of you have planned this for a long time.

You knew what the occasion was, a blind date. A close dongsaeng wanted to introduce you to one of his close friends. He was afraid that because you were working too much, you didn’t have time for the dating scene. You’ve rejected several times but he especially insisted, so you had no choice.

Still, the oncoming traffic was unbelievable. The taxi was barely moving because of the city traffic, but you finally spotted the hotel where the blind date was going to be in.

“Thank you, i’ll be leaving here” You quickly said and paid your share of the trip.

Cars honked and beeped as you weaved through the lane. The hotel was finally coming closer and you were just hoping that your heel wouldn't break. *Ugh, never again am i doing this* You cursed inwardly.

The door opened into a grand lobby, with chandeliers hanging on the ceiling, and beautiful marble tiles on the floor. People were walking back and forth talking in groups. Before you could even take a breather, you ran towards the oncoming elevator.

"Hold please!" You yelled and luckily a hand held the door and you were able to squeeze in the mess of people.

As the elevator rises to the many different floors, people piled off slowly until there were only you and a guy standing in the other corner. "What floor?" He asked. “Top floor please” You answered politely.

With so many people in the elevator getting on and off, you were starting to get the jitters from being in a small enclosed space for so long. You just wanted to quickly get off before you starts to feel anxious of a panic attack coming on.

The meter ticked from 50 to 51 then to 52 in less than 5 seconds. You watched it intently, crossing your fingers that no one else would enter so that you wouldn’t any more late than you already are.

Suddenly, the elevator shook violently making you jumped and yelled out unconsciously. With a thud, the elevator stopped moving and the whirring from outside stopped. “What’s going on?” You looked around with a worried expression.

The guy that occupied the space with you pounded on the door, hoping that someone will notice. He ruffled his hair with frustration, “HELLO?!” He yelled but with no one to hear it’s useless.

You checked your phone and cursed, “No signal” You muttered to yourself but it seemed that the latter heard it also. “What are we to do now?”

For the first time, you looked at the guy properly to see that he was quite attractive. His hair was groomed andbangs parted over to the side. He was dressed for a casual outing but still looked amazing. His face looked soft as a baby but his eyes seemed to stare at you like an animal about to pounce anytime.

When the both of you made eye contact, he gave you a soft and warm smile. But his expression seemed child-like. Like he was looking at a new toy. “Well i guess we’re stuck here together until someone finds us”

He was quite calm for a guy that was stuck in a broken down elevator. “I’m Junhong, but you can call me Zelo for short” Zelo smiled and you could feel your heart speeding up.

*Well say hi back _______!* You caught yourself staring and quickly fixed your eyes towards the wall next to him. “I’m ________”

Zelo was fixated on your face when he felt dazzled by your smiles that turned your eye into an eye smile. The latter coughed to clear all of the tension away in the air. His eyes trailed from your dress, to your cardigan, and scarf down to your shoes.

"Those must hurt" He nodded towards your heels. You looked down and wince quietly. You knew that your heel was starting to get red and bruise from standing too long.

Somehow, he could tell that you were a bit uncomfortable. He offered his handkerchief for you to sit on as he situate himself right across.

"I shouldn't even be here" You leaned your head back and closed your eyes. All you really want to do right now was go home and sink into your relaxing bubble bath.

"Well i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for an old friend" Zelo explained. You shot your eyes opened and gasp, "Me too!!"

The both of you laughed at how ridiculous it was. Strangely, you felt like you were meant to be here. Meant to be stuck in this elevator, with a very attractive stranger that you didn't know.

"Well if we're gonna be stuck in here together, we should at least get to know each other" Zelo suggested to game to go back and forth and say a fact about each other. You nodded and happily agreed.

“I have an older brother, but we haven’t seen each other since he got out of college  because he’s living in the states right now” He started and gave you a look of full curiosity.

“... I, uh, hmm..” You hesitated and tried to search for something interesting in your brain about yourself. “I’m an only child. But my parents got divorced when i was really little.”

“I love kimchi”

“Who doesn’t?!” You teased. It was surprising that you were able to open up to someone you barely knew easily like this. It was like there was something about Zelo that drew you towards him. “I can eat tofu and eggs everyday if i wanted to”

*How cute* Zelo thought. He stared as you talked on and on about yourself.

The both of you went back and forth, telling each other things you didn’t even about yourself to each other. You found out that you guys have a lot in common. You both hated bugs, but you loved to be outdoors, and especially love music.

Suddenly, the elevator creaked loudly and a huge thumping sound could be heard on the other side of the door. You both perked up and Zelo shot up and returned the pounding with his own.

“Hello?!” He yelled and a muffled voice could be heard.

The door cracked open with a fireman on the other side. You had to shield your eyes from the change of blinding light. But the anxiousness on your chest lifted and a smile spread on your face when you were suddenly brought into a hug from the latter.

“Noona!” A familiar voice yelled from outside. You whipped your head to your left and was met with a sandy haired fellow, with a cheeky smile but worried expression on his face.

“Oh! Jongup-ah” You smiled.

“Hyung…?” Jongup looked over at Zelo with a confused look, “What are you two doing together”

Your eyes widen in surprise and mouth gaped open, *He was my blind date?!* You couldn’t help but blush and tried to hide your blissful laugh.

----------------

A/N: I kinda rushed near the end and it wasn't the best i've written, but i hope you guys liked it! 

But omo, did you change your name?! TT It's been so long and i can't find you to dedicate this!