Chapter 24: Apples

It had been about a month or so since Josh has had a home. He's still trying to figure out where exactly his parents are now. It's been hard trying to track them, but it has to be done. He's been staying at Justin's house for now though. Justin's parents are renting it out to him though, they said they didn't want another dead weight in their house. Obviously Justin knew exactly what they meant. 

"Hey Sara," Austin said walking up to me.

"Hey," I replied smiling warmly.

"You seen Justin around?" Hq questioned.

"Yeah, he was in first period," I answered, "Why?"

"No reason, thanks," He shrugged kissing me and walking away.

I continued walking down the hall until I came upon Melissa. She was standing in the hall waiting for someone. 

"Hey Melissa," I waved.

She turned to me and gave me a weak smile then returned to waiting. I then walked up to her.

"Hi..." She mumbled.

"Anything wrong?" I asked.

"N-no I'm just waiting for Erik," She stuttered.

I saw worry in her eyes, and realized why she was waiting.

"I don't think you should wait that long, I saw him go into class," I chuckled.

"I guess your right, would you take me?" She asked.

"Sure, let's hurry though," I replied.

*************

Moments later we were in the hospital. I stood outside in the waiting room while I made a few phone calls. In a matter of minutes Erik was at the hospital and in the room with Melissa. I waited in the waiting room for a couple of hours. 

I was debating wether to go home, but I was glad I didn't because I saw Melissa come out on a wheel chair with not one, but two babies in her arms. 

I walked up to her excitedly and stared at the two babies.

"What's their names?" I asked.

"Pete and Brandie," She answered.

"Can I hold one?" I questioned staring at Brandie.

"Sure," She replied handing me Brandie.

Brandie had sparkling blue eyes, while Pete had beautiful brown eyes. I held Brandie close to me and gave her back to Melissa. She then passed Pete to Erik. 

********

I drove over to Melissa's house. She had put both the babies into one crib because she only was expecting one. Erik then went online to but other crib and baby seat. I sat on the couch with a cup of hot coco, waiting until I wasn't needed anymore.

Erik came down stairs and smiled at me.

"Thanks for calling me, Melissa's resting right now," He said.

"Alright, well I should be going anyway, bye," I replied grabbing my backpack.

"Bye," He waved.

I drove home thinking again about my secret. It was terrible, I never wanted to go back to those dark days. Seeing Melissa with her new babies made me remember the things I did. It wasn't my fault though, at least that's what I keep telling myself. I remember the days when I was a little kid, I didn't understand bad and I didn't want to do bad. But I grew up one day, it only took one day for me to turn into what I was.