Chapter 23: Bitter Sweet Happiness

I shut my phone off hoping that no one important would call. I was done answering the phone for the day. After that call I couldn't. Just when I thought my life was going ok (at least as ok as it could be right now). Now, it was just going terrible.

"Who was that?" My sister asked, "You seem freaked."

I laughing silently hoping she would think I was a weirdo and leave me alone.

"Whatever," She said rolling her eyes.

Yes.

I walked up to my bedroom and sat on my bed wondering what I should do. I mean it's not like he had one of my friends. Right? He never said anything about anyone though. Hey maybe it's just another stupid prank one of the guys is pulling. Yeah, right like i'm gonna fall for that.

************

It was offically 10 o'clock now and I was a little worried about not going. I mean if I did go I might not have to worry about anything. But if I didn't go, i'll never know and be annoyed about it for like a year. Maybe I should just go, what's the worse that could possbly happen, I mean come on seriously. 

I quickly ran down the stairs to my mom and told her i'd be going out at 11. All she said was, "Ok have fun, be back before 8 am tomorrow." Hey, thanks for  the trust, I guess. 

"Yeah mom, i'll make sure to," I answered.

Don't you just feel the love? 

I ran back upstairs and got dressed. I got my car keys and took my car to the bridge. I made sure to hide it where no one could see it, they way I wouldn't have to worry about it disappearing. 

I had to admit it was a bit creepy being out this late at the bridge. It was also creepy how I had no idea who I was meeting. Would have been smart to tell someone I was here huh? Or take someone with me, I mean he didn't exactly say come alone. Nope, in fact I thik he wanted me to bring someone. He was basically inplying it. So I quickly texted the first person on my contact list, Austin. 

"You showed up, good." I voice said from behind me.

I then turned around only to see a shawdowy figure leaning against the gaurdrail of the bridge.

"What do you want?" I questioned peering at the figure.

I watched as he stopped leaning on the rail and came closer.

"Aw, you don't remember me?" He said still coming closer.

"Not exactly," I answered.

"Aww, too bad." He said.

I could tell he was smirking even if I couldn't see him.

"Josh?" I asked as soon as I could see him.

"Yes?" He said smiling.

"What do you want?" I asked a little bit annoyed.

"Alright," He started, "I wasn't going to ask you this, but it seems to me that I have to. I need you to do me a big favor, but I can't say what it is yet. I just need you to say yes or no." 

I looked at him a little bit confused.

"How do I know that it's not something completely crazy," I replied putting my hands on my hips.

"You'll just have to trust me," He answered coming out of the darkness and near me.

I stared at him for a minute thinking weather or not I could trust him. I wasn't completely sure if I could yet.

"Ok," I answered after a while.

Josh's face instantly turned into a smirk. 

"Alright, thanks for trusting me," He replied walking away smiling.