Chapter 7: Why does life have to be so complicated

I woke up the next morning and realised that I had missed another day of school. After what happened last night all I wanted to do was go to school and live a normal everyday life again and not a complicated one. But I guess that will never happen with my friends and my life. I texted Megen back from last night and told her thanks even though I didn't know what for. 

"Morning." Emily said.

"Oh morning." I yawned. 

I walked into the bathroom and comb my hair and brushed my teeth. I got dressed in some regular clothes. 

"I gotta get going home now." I told Emily.

"Ok, i'm gonna go home when everyone else does so see yeah at school tomorrow." Emily explained.

"Bye tell everyone that I left." I said.

"Ok. Oh and your secrets safe with me." She said smiling.

"What secret?" I asked.

"The one about you and Justin." 

"Oh.. um.. ok.. well bye." 

I was about to get into my car when Justin came running up to me. 

"Wait, Sara, before you leave I have to explain something to you." He said.

"Ok, what?" I asked.

"It's about yesterday. I didn't mean to you know." He explained. 

"I know, I know." I said getting into my car. 

"Well, bye." He said.

"Bye." I said before driving away. 

The whole drive home I was thinking about yesterday. When I got home Megen was standing at the door. 

"Your welcome, Sara." She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"I got mom and dad to stay until Friday." She explained.

"Thanks." I said awkwardly still thinking.

"Whats wrong with you?" She asked.

"Oh umm.. nothing!" I yelled running up to my room. 

I shut the door behind me and dropped down on the floor letting out a sigh of relief. I started texting Melissa, 

- You guys get back yet?

- Yeah like a half hour ago. 

- Ok I need you to come over. 

- Ok be there in ten minutes.

-Knock Knock-

I ran to answer the door. After ten minutes I wan't expecting Justin to be at my door.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." I replied.

After a few minutes of awkward silence I finally asked him, "So, what are you doing here?" 

"Oh, ummm, nothing I was just walking around and I came here." He said.

"Ok, well then bye." I said before closing the door.

I then waited another ten minutes before I got another text from Melissa. 

-Sorry I couldn't make it. I got grounded for sneaking out.- 

-It's ok see you at school tomorrow.- 

I shut off my phone and ran up to my bed room. I turned my laptop on and started to work on my homework that I forgot about. I started typing a essay when the home phone rang.